Shipping Dealdash purchases to Canada used to be a hassle, but not anymore. This post lays out a dead-simple process for getting your order from Dealdash—or any other U.S. retailer—shipped right to your doorstep in Canada with zero trouble and minimal fees.
DealDash is an auction website selling everything from homewares to electronics to cars and trucks. DealDash bidders place bids in one-cent increments in the final ten seconds of each auction, resetting the ten-second timer with every bid. All DealDash auctions start at $0.00 with no reserve price. When the timer runs out, the auction is over.
To take part in a DealDash auction, buyers must first buy bids at a cost of 13¢ each. The cost of bids makes incredible savings possible–some users win their items at up to 95% off the retail price.
Does DealDash Ship to Canada?
No, DealDash does not ship to Canada, but I’ve designed a process for getting any DealDash order shipped to Canada with zero headaches. Here’s that process, explained step-by-step.
How To Get DealDash Orders Shipped To Canada
Since DealDash doesn’t ship to Canada directly, you need to use a package forwarder: a warehouse in the United States that will accept your DealDash package and forward it on to you in Canada. Here’s how to make it work.
Step 1: Choose A Package Forwarder
Choosing the right package forwarder is a big deal, because that decision will determine how quickly you get your item, and how much you have to pay for the service. I spent many hours doing some deep research on eight different package forwarders, scoring each of them on a wide variety of relevant metrics. Here are five of the main metrics I looked at:
- Service Fees: How much do they charge to provide their core service of accepting and shipping packages, plus ancillary services such as long-term storage, re-packing, package consolidation, and more.
- Monthly/Annual Fees: How much do they charge in monthly or annual fees, if at all.
- Pricing Transparency: How much do I know about their pricing structure before sending an order to their warehouse.
- Speed: How quickly will they process my package.
- Customer Service: How satisfied are other users with their service, and how thoroughly/quickly do they respond to my questions.
After reviewing the data I collected on these and other metrics, it became clear to me that Planet Express was the best choice. Their customer service team responded to my emails quickly and thoroughly, they have thousands of 5-star reviews online, and their fees were consistently lower than all of the other package forwarders I looked at.
Here are a few other things I like about Planet Express:
- Planet Express has a tax-free warehouse in Oregon, so you can avoid paying sales tax on your orders.
- Planet Express will consolidate multiple packages into a single box, saving you a significant amount on shipping when you make multiple purchases.
- Planet Express sends you free photos of your package as soon as it arrives at their warehouse.
- Planet Express offers extremely cheap storage for your packages. Every package receives 10 days of free storage, but after that, Planet Express only charges one cent per pound per day. That means storing a 1-lb order in their warehouse for a month would only cost you $0.30!
Step 2: Ship Your DealDash Order To Planet Express
As soon as you’ve signed up for Planet Express, you’ll receive a unique mailing address at their warehouse. Once you successfully win the item you want, just enter your Planet Express mailing address instead of your home mailing address and you’re all set.
Step 3: Forward Your Package
As soon as your DealDash order arrives at Planet Express’ warehouse, they’ll send you photos of the package to let you know it’s arrived. You’ll also be given a series of shipping options to choose from. I find that there’s generally at least 4 shipping options corresponding to 4 different price-speed combinations. Sometimes there can be as many as 10 or more shipping options—it just depends on the weight and size of your package.
My Personal Experience Shipping A DealDash Order To Canada
I’ve used Planet Express a handful of times to ship DealDash item to Canada, and the experience has always been very smooth. Here’s how things went the last time I did it.
First, I bought my bid pack, then I found the item I wanted to bid on DealDash.com. In this case, I was going after these Veho M2 wireless speakers.
Second, after winning the auction for the speakers, I had my item shipped to my unique address at the tax-free Planet Express warehouse in Oregon. Less than 24 hours later, I received an email from Planet Express letting me know that it had arrived. The other package forwarders I tested took 2-3 days to process incoming packages, so Planet Express is extremely quick on this.
Third, I filled in Planet Express’ super-easy customs declaration form with the four pieces of information required:
- The item being shipped: “Speakers”
- The number of items: “1”
- The value of the item: “$50”
- Whether the item contains batteries: “Yes”
Then I chose the shipping option I wanted from a list of eight. Prices ranged from $6-$35 USD, plus insurance at an additional $2 USD, so I chose the cheapest one ($8 USD, including the insurance), and I was done. My speakers were shipped out later that same day. When they arrived, I didn’t have to pay duties upon arrival, and they were in perfect shape.
In my experience, the price I paid ($6 USD + $2 USD in insurance) is pretty standard for shipping DealDash items to Canada with Planet Express. You also won’t need to pay any customs or duties on most of your imports thanks to the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) trade deal that came into effect on July 1, 2020, which allows Canadians to import up to $150 CAD worth of goods from the US or Mexico without paying any customs or duties. This is a huge jump up from the previous threshold ($20 CAD), and means you probably won’t have to pay any customs or duties on any of your imports moving ahead.
Overall, shipping DealDash orders to Canada using Planet Express is extremely easy and smooth. The costs are low, and in my experience you’ll actually end up saving money, since you can get such exceptional deals on DealDash auctions. If you’re shopping on DealDash.com, or any other retailer that only ships to the USA, I highly suggest making use of Planet Express.