Shipping Sézane clothing to Canada used to be a hassle, but not anymore. This post lays out a dead-simple process for getting your order from Sézane—or any other European retailer—shipped right to your doorstep in Canada with zero trouble and minimal fees.
Upon discovering an abandoned collection of vintage clothing, Morgane Sézalory began making slight adjustments to the pieces and selling her finds online under the same “Les composantes”. By 2013, Sézalory realized she had found her calling, began supplementing her vintage pieces with her own designs, and Sézane was born.
Sézalory created a new type of French brand—one that’s born fully online. Sézane releases a seasonal collection four times per year, plus a smaller, highly curated capsule once per month.
Sézane makes their clothing from 70% eco-friendly materials. They also sell swimwear, handbags, jewelry, accessories, shoes, a special selection of pieces for men, and much more.
Does Sézane Ship To Canada?
No, Sézane does not ship to Canada, but I’ve designed a process for getting any Sézane order shipped to Canada with zero headaches. Here’s that process, explained step-by-step.
How To Get Sézane Orders Shipped To Canada
Since Sézane doesn’t ship to Canada directly, you need to use a package forwarder: a warehouse in the UK that will accept your Sézane order and forward it on to you in Canada. Here’s how to make it work.
Step 1: Choose A Package Forwarder
Choosing the right package forwarder is a big deal, because that decision will determine how quickly you receive your order, and how much you have to pay for the service. I spent many hours doing some deep research on eight different package forwarders, scoring each of them on a wide variety of relevant metrics. Here are five of the main metrics I looked at:
- Service Fees: How much do they charge to provide their core service of accepting and shipping packages, plus ancillary services such as long-term storage, re-packing, package consolidation, and more.
- Monthly/Annual Fees: How much do they charge in monthly or annual fees, if at all.
- Pricing Transparency: How much do I know about their pricing structure before sending a clothing to their warehouse.
- Speed: How quickly will they process my package.
- Customer Service: How satisfied are other users with their service, and how thoroughly/quickly do they respond to my questions.
After reviewing the data I collected on these and other metrics, it became clear to me that Planet Express was the best choice. Their customer service team responded to my emails quickly and thoroughly, they have thousands of 5-star reviews online, and their fees were consistently lower than all of the other package forwarders I looked at.
Here are a few other things I like about Planet Express:
- Planet Express has a tax-free warehouse in Oregon, so you can avoid paying sales tax on your orders.
- Planet Express will consolidate multiple packages into a single box, saving you a significant amount on shipping when you make multiple purchases.
- Planet Express sends you free photos of your package as soon as it arrives at their warehouse.
- Planet Express offers extremely cheap storage for your packages. Every package receives 10 days of free storage, but after that, Planet Express only charges one cent per pound per day. That means storing 1 lb of clothing from Sézane in their warehouse for a month would only cost you $0.30!
Step 2: Ship Your Sézane Order To Planet Express
As soon as you’ve signed up for Planet Express, you’ll receive a unique mailing address at their warehouse. Once you find the clothing you like, just enter your Planet Express mailing address instead of your home mailing address and you’re all set.
Step 3: Forward Your Package
As soon as your Sézane order arrives at Planet Express’ warehouse, they’ll send you photos of the package to let you know it’s arrived. You’ll also be given a series of shipping options to choose from. I find that there’s generally at least 4 shipping options corresponding to 4 different price-speed combinations. Sometimes there can be as many as 10 or more shipping options—it just depends on the weight and size of your package.
My Personal Experience Shipping Sézane Clothing To Canada
I’ve used Planet Express a handful of times to ship Sézane clothing to Canada, and the experience has always been very smooth. Here’s how things went the last time I did it.
First, I found the sandals I wanted on Sézane.com.
Second, I had the sandals sent to my unique address at the Planet Express warehouse in the UK. Less than 24 hours later, I received an email from Planet Express letting me know that it had arrived. The other package forwarders I tested took 2-3 days to process incoming packages, so Planet Express is extremely quick on this.
Third, I filled in Planet Express’ super-easy customs declaration form with the four pieces of information required:
- The item being shipped: “Sandals”
- The number of items: “1”
- The value of the item: “$50”
- Whether the item contains batteries: “No”
Then I chose the shipping option I wanted from a list of eight. Prices ranged from $6-$35 USD, plus insurance at an additional $2 USD, so I chose the cheapest one ($8 USD, including the insurance), and I was done. My clothing was shipped out later that same day. When they arrived, I didn’t have to pay duties upon arrival, and my sandals were in perfect shape.
In my experience, the price I paid ($6 USD + $2 USD in insurance) is pretty standard for shipping Sézane clothing to Canada with Planet Express. I’ve never had to pay any import taxes or duties on my orders, though it’s possible that you’ll have to, especially if you’re placing a particularly large order. Generally, if your order is worth less than $60 CAD, you won’t need to pay any import taxes or duties when importing your items to Canada. In the case that you do, the most you should have to pay is your province’s GST or HST.
Overall, shipping Sézane clothing to Canada using Planet Express is extremely easy and smooth. If you’re shopping on Sézane.com, or any other retailer that only ships to Europe, I highly suggest making use of Planet Express.