The Wet Secrets is a Canadian indie rock band that's been active since 2006. The group is known for its eclectic sound, which combines elements of punk, pop, and alternative rock. Their music has been compared to artists like The Ramones and The Pixies, as well as newer acts like The Wombats and The Strokes.
The Wet Secrets got their start in Edmonton, Alberta, where they first began playing small clubs and local music festivals. Over the years, they've steadily gained popularity both in Canada and abroad, performing at major festivals like Coachella and Lollapalooza. They've also released several full-length albums, including their most recent, “Bummer Summer,” in 2016.
Current members of The Wet Secrets include:
- Lyle Bell (bass guitar, lead vocals)
- Paul Arnusch (keyboard, congas, vocals)
- Kim Rackel (trumpet, vocals)
- Emma Frazier (trombone, vocals)
- Christan Maslyk (saxophone, percussion, vocals)
Despite their growing success, The Wet Secrets continue to remain true to their roots and maintain a DIY spirit. Their music is energetic and upbeat, with catchy melodies and strong bass lines.
Here's a list of The Wet Secrets' tours in recent years:
- The Wet Secrets Tour (2006)
- The Wet Secrets West Coast Tour (2007)
- The Wet Secrets Canadian tour (2008)
- The Wet Secrets Australian Tour (2009)
- The Wet Secrets European Tour (2010)
- The Wet Secrets US Tour (2011)
- The Wet Secrets and Single Mothers Canadian Tour (2012)
- The Wet Secrets and Dear Rouge Canadian Tour (2013)
- The Wet Secrets and Yukon Blonde Canadian Tour (2014)
- The Wet Secrets and Hollerado Canadian Tour (2015)
If you're interested in seeing The Wet Secrets live, the best place to do so is on the west coast of Canada. If you live on the east coast or elsewhere, here are some posts that will help you earn the frequent flyer miles you'll need to get a flight to the west coast: