The American Express AIR MILES For Business Card is a business travel credit card issued by American Express, one of the largest credit card networks in Canada. It offers AIR MILES points on all purchases plus the option to earn twice the miles if you use your AIR MILES Collector card.
With this card, you will earn 2,000 bonus AIR MILES points when you spend at least $5,000 within 3 months of the time you applied for the card. Additionally, you will immediately have access to all the Business Management Solutions Tools and exclusive American Express Experiences.
What Is The American Express AIR MILES For Business Card?
American Express AIR MILES For Business Card is a charge card used to earn points and benefits by individuals who often travel or fly for business purposes. The card issuer is American Express (AMEX), an American multinational credit card company that operates in many countries, including Canada. The card lets the cardholders get rewards through eligible purchases in AIR MILES.
Meanwhile, AIR MILES is a reward or loyalty program established and operated by LoyaltyOne. The program was launched in 1922 in Canada and became the most significant coalition loyalty program. One of the program’s sponsors is American Express, which offers perks from points earned using the Amex AIR MILES for Business Card, and is among the best business cards in Canada and also among the best credit cards in Canada.
Furthermore, Amex opened their offices in Canada in 1853 at Hamilton and Toronto. The company operates under the names Amex Bank of Canada and Amex Canada Inc. and offers great credit cards like the Amex Platinum and Business Platinum.
Features Of The American Express AIR MILES For Business Card
Unlike the personal American Express AIR MILES card, the Amex AIR MILES for Business Card contains features that focus on benefits to business-related purchases, services, and solutions. However, it still works like a standard credit card, where cardholders can use it to pay for their purchases and earn points or miles back. Since this is designed for the AIR MILES loyalty program, it provides all the perks this loyalty program has.
#1 Earn AIR MILES On Business Purchases
Holders of the American Express AIR MILES For Business Card can earn miles by making purchases at eligible AIR MILES partner stores. You will earn AIR MILES at a rate of:
- 1 Mile per $10 spent at AIR MILES partner stores
- 1 Mile per $15 spent anywhere else
You can earn twice the miles on all your purchases by using the American Express AIR MILES for Business Card and the AIR MILES Collector Card.
#2 Welcome Bonus
American Express credit cards typically offer very generous welcome bonuses, and the American Express AIR MILES For Business is no exception. All new cardholders qualify for this bonus, and to receive it you have to:
- Spend $5,000 within three months of applying for this card and earn 2,000 AIR MILES
#3 Access to Business Management Solutions Tools
Cardholders can take advantage of the tools for business management provided by American Express. The American Express AIR MILES For Business Card offers immediate access to impressive tools not neccessarily available with other AIR MILES credit cards, such as:
- Business Service: You can access the AIR MILES Business Preferred Servicing Team and the support team will be more than happy to guide you. The team will also help you manage your AIR MILES Collector Account if you have one.
- Enhance Purchasing Power: With the American Express AIR MILES For Business Card, you will have the option to grow your purchasing power depending on how much you use your card. Just make sure to keep a good credit score and pay your balances on time.
- Cash Flow: With this card, you’ll have a no-interest grace period on business purchases for up to 55 days
- Expense Management Reports: With the expense management report tool you can access quarterly and annual reports. Here are some of the features of this service:
- Advantages for preparing tax filings
- Manage and track expenses conveniently.
- Split personal spending from business expenses
- Classify categories spend, or vendor
#4 Access To American Express Experiences
The American Express AIR MILES For Business Card offers access to the exclusive American Express Experiences program. Some of the exclusive services include:
- Access to Front Of The Line reserved tickets before they are sold to the public plus weekly updates on upcoming events
- Access to AMEX Lounges at Roy Thomson Hall, The Molson Amphitheatre, the Princess of Wales Theatre, and the American Bar at Massey Hall.
#5 Insurance Coverages
The American Express AIR MILES For Business Card includes insurance coverages for business, travel, and purchases. Here’s the complete list; keep in mind each insured category may have specific terms and conditions:
- Employee Card Misuse Protection provides coverage for up to $100,000
- $100,000 Travel Accident Insurance covers the cardholder, spouse, and dependent children below 23 years old
- Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance covers MSRP for up to $85,000
- Baggage Delay Insurance offers $500 coverage.
- Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance provides a maximum of $500 coverage per trip for insured individuals.
- Flight Delay Insurance provides up to $500 coverage.
- Hotel Burglary Insurance offers $500 coverage.
- Buyer’s Assurance Protection Plan covers $10,000 and a maximum of $25,000 for repair and replacement costs per eligible item.
- Purchase Protection Plan offers a $1,000 coverage limit per occurrence.
- Fraud Protection Guarantee prevents liabilities to fraudulent charges against cardholders.
#6 Access to 24/7 Services
If you are an American Express AIR MILES For Business Cardholder, you can access customer service 24/7, regardless of your inquiry. All you need is to contact them, and they will always provide someone to help you. AMEX also allows cardholders to request a card replacement through a call.
Pros & Cons Of The American Express AIR MILES For Business Card
- Comprehensive travel insurance and purchase protection
- Offers 24/7 access to customer support
- Access to business management tools to organize expenses
- Comes with a generous welcome bonus
- Access to exclusive American Express Experiences
- Low annual fee compared to other business travel credit cards.
- Offers limited ways to earn miles using the charge card
- Provides low welcome bonus compared to other charge cards
When getting an Amex AIR MILES for Business Card, you should check out first the fees, as there might be additional fees to be paid, and it’s mainly for the services.
|Annual Fee (Basic Card)||$180/year|
|Supplementary Cards||$50/year each|
Before applying for the American Express AIR MILES For Business Card, you must pass the eligibility requirements first. To apply for this card, you must have the following.
- You should be residing in Canada with a Canadian credit file.
- You must possess the majority of the age in your province or territory. For reference, the age of the majority in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, and Saskatchewan is 18 years old. In all other provinces, the age of the majority is 19.
Amex AIR MILES for Business is a simple charge card that can help you earn miles and convert them to rewards offered by AIR MILES. Using this charge card can help you organize your personal and business expenses for those who frequently travel for business purposes.
American Express AIR MILES For Business Card FAQs
How Much Does An American Express AIR MILES For Business Card Cost?
American Express AIR MILES for Business costs $180 annually. The supplementary cards have an annual fee of $50 each. Amex also offers up to 55 days interest-free if certain conditions are met. If you're looking for low-interest, check out our comprehensive list of low-interest credit cards in Canada.
Is the American Express AIR MILES Business Card worth it?
Yes, the American Express AIR MILES for Business card is worth it for individuals who often travel for business purposes. The purchases at AIR MILES can help cardholders earn miles and redeem rewards. It’s a significant way to get benefits back while spending on your travel.
Is the American Express AIR MILES For Business Card safe?
Yes, American Express AIR MILES for Business Cards is safe because the company commonly secures it. American Express is a credit card company that has operated worldwide for a long time. Their services have been proven and utilized by several clients.
Is the American Express AIR MILES For Business Card legit?
Yes, American Express AIR MILES for Business is legit because it was already used by many individuals worldwide. It is also partnered with AIR MILES, a reputable rewards program LoyaltyOne introduced in 1992. Meanwhile, American Express has been servicing since 1850 and opened its offices to other countries.
What credit score is needed for an American Express For Business Card?
AMEX doesn’t precisely determine the required credit score for business cards, but a minimum of 670 credit score and above can get approval, especially for the AMEX Business Gold Card. The business credit score needed must reach at least 75 and above. Contact or visit the nearest AMEX branch in your area for complete details. Here's a list of the best credit cards in Canada for fair credit.
Are airline credit cards worth it?
Yes. Airline credit cards are worth it for individuals who frequently fly and purchase services and merchandise at a particular airline. The benefits it can offer the cardholder can benefit some and may not be worth it for others. Airlines credit cards allow you to get exclusive privileges such as priority services, free checked bags, and more.