The Rogers World Elite Mastercard is a cash back credit card that offers up to a 3% cashback rate deal with no annual fee to its cardholders. It provides access to World Elite benefits such as hotel upgrades and travel perks. Travelers can use this card to earn cashback through travel purchases worldwide.
Rogers World Elite Mastercard has outstanding features for travelers, especially for US dollar purchases. You can earn 1.5% cash back from eligible purchases without an annual fee. These factors make this credit card competitive, but it requires expensive annual spending and high-income requirements.
What Is The Rogers World Elite Mastercard?
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard offers up to a 3% cash back on qualifying purchases and it doesn't have an annual fee. It provides access to Mastercard World Elite benefits such as hotel upgrades and travel perks, and you can use this card to earn cash back on travel purchases worldwide.
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard is issued by Rogers Bank, a subsidiary of a leading communications company, Rogers Communication Inc. The Rogers World Elite Mastercard is the highest tier of Rogers Bank credit cards, and it comes with comprehensive insurance, generous travel perks, and access to exclusive services. The other major Rogers Bank credit cards are the Rogers Platinum Mastercard, and the Fido Mastercard.
Rogers World Elite Mastercard Features
#1 No Annual Fee
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard doesn’t have an annual fee for both primary and additional cards. It’s a huge advantage for individuals to lessen their yearly credit card expenses. You can access World Elite benefits for free with a few other charges applied. This alone makes this a good credit card for Canadians, especially those only starting their credit card journey.
This contrasts with premium cards like the Amex Platinum, which can cost upwards of $500.
#2 Earn Up To 3% Cashback Rate
Roger World Elite Mastercard offers a great cashback rate for eligible purchases with no capping. Cardholders must ensure their account is in good standing to qualify. Here is the following cashback you can get:
- 3% cash back to qualifying purchases made in US dollars.
- 1.5% cash back to all other qualifying purchases.
While a 3% cash back rate on a no-fee card is definitely impressive (most other no-fee cash back cards offer 2% or less), it pales in comparison to how much you can earn back for using the Cobalt card from American Express. With this card, you can earn as much as 10% or more on MR points if you redeem them creatively for flights.
#3 Get Secured With Comprehensive Insurance Coverages
Roger World Elite Mastercard holders are entitled to trip and purchase insurance coverages. Each coverage is subject to terms and conditions. The following are the insurance offered using this card:
- Extended Warranty coverage doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty
- Purchase Protection offers 90 days of coverage from the purchase date
- Trip Interruption provides up to $1,000 per insured person and up to $5,000 coverage for each account per trip.
- Trip Cancellation offers up to $1,000 coverage per insured person and up to $5,000 for each account per trip.
- Out-of-Province/Out-of-Country Emergency Medical provides up to $1,000,000 in coverage for covered medical treatment and services
- Rental Car Collision/Damage offers up to $65,000 if the car rental has MSRP for covered incidents such as theft, damage, and more
This coverage is quite impressive for a no-fee card. Travel cards like the Marriott Bonvoy from American Express or the Gold Card offer travel insurance, but it comes at a cost of $120+ per annum, so getting trip interruption and cancellation insurance free of charge makes this a smart choice.
#4 Access Mastercard Travel Pass Benefits
Cardholders gain access to exclusive travel benefits provided by Mastercard. The program is available to participate airports worldwide. You need to present your Rogers World Elite Mastercard to the authorized personnel.
- You can get a complimentary membership to Mastercard Travel Pass by DragonPass
- Get a discount and pay only $32 per visit to eligible airport lounges
- Present your card to access more than 1,300 airport lounges across the globe
- Get more travel benefits offered by Mastercard Travel Pass
#5 Guarantee Security Features For Every Transaction
Rogers Bank guarantees cardholders' protection and secured transactions. If you have Rogers World Elite Mastercard, you are entitled to the following:
- Zero Liability Protection will prevent you from any liabilities if a fraudulent or unauthorized transaction occurs in your account
- Balance Protection Insurance helps you with the minimum payments during job loss, illness, disability, and more
- Transaction Monitoring & Alerts provide automatic notifications in case there are changes in your account activity to help you detect fraudulent activities.
#6 Manage Account Conveniently With Rogers Bank App
You can easily manage your Rogers World Elite Mastercard using the Rogers Bank App, which is available for Android and iOS devices. The mobile app allows you to check your balance, redeem rewards, view account activity, statements, and more. Additionally, you can opt for contactless payment using Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Apple Pay.
Rogers Bank ensures that payment through mobile apps is equipped with multiple layers of security.
#7 Welcome Bonus For New Cardholders
Rogers Bank offers a $25 worth of welcome bonus in the first three months of receiving the Rogers World Elite Mastercard. However, you should use the card for purchases to qualify for the bonus. It also requires you to maintain your account in good standing and open. Terms and conditions apply.
Rogers World Elite Mastercard Pros And Cons
- High earn rate (up to 3% cash back from eligible purchases)
- Comprehensive insurance coverage for travel and purchases
- Secured transactions for online and in-store purchases
- Conveniently access your account through the Rogers Bank app
- Exclusive access to Mastercard Travel Pass for over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide
- No annual fee
- High-income requirement ($80,000 for personal income or $150,000 for household)
- Requires $15,000 annual spending to maintain using the card
Rogers World Elite Mastercard Pricing
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard provides an advantageous offer for the annual fees. Although it doesn’t have an annual fee, there are still substantial fees you must pay for services and transactions. The following are the fees you should consider:
|Primary Card||$0, year|
|Additional Cards||$0/each per year|
|Annual Interest Rate||19.99% on purchases and fees|
|22.99% on cash advances, cash-like transactions, and balance transfers|
|Minimum Payment (whichever is higher plus other payments in the statement)||$10 plus current interest and other fees or|
|2% of your statement balance|
|Cash Advance||$5 each|
|Dishonored Payment||$42 each|
|Statement and Transaction Reprint||$5|
|Credit Balance Refund||$20|
|Balance Transfers||3% each of the amount|
|Equal Payment Plans||3% of the amount|
Rogers World Elite Mastercard Eligibility
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard requires income qualification before you can get the card. According to Rogers Bank, you are subject to credit approval and other criteria. To qualify, you should have these:
- $80,000 personal annual income or
- $150,000 or more household annual income
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard has outstanding features for travelers, especially for US dollar purchases. You can earn 1.5% cash back from eligible purchases without an annual fee. These factors make this credit card competitive, but it requires expensive annual spending and high-income requirements.
Rogers World Elite Mastercard FAQs
How much does the Rogers World Elite Mastercard cost?
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard has no annual primary or additional card fees. However, you must maintain an annual spending of $15,000. Other transaction fees apply.
Is the Rogers World Elite Mastercard worth it?
Yes, the Rogers World Elite Mastercard is worth it. It offers high cashback of up to 3% for eligible US purchases and 1.5% for other eligible purchases. It may be unworthy for those who don’t travel or purchase in US dollars frequently.
Is the Rogers World Elite Mastercard safe?
Yes, the Rogers World Elite Mastercard is safe because it is protected with multiple layers of security, according to Rogers Bank. You are also entitled to Zero Liability Protection to prevent any responsibilities if a fraudulent or unauthorized transaction is held in your account.
Is the Rogers World Elite Mastercard legit?
Yes, the Rogers World Elite Mastercard is legit because it is used by several individuals and travelers worldwide.
What are the benefits of World Elite Mastercard?
World Elite Mastercard is the highest tier of credit card from Mastercard that offers worldwide travel benefits such as free hotel nights, amenities, property upgrades, car rental upgrades, and more.
What credit score is needed for the Rogers Mastercard?
Rogers Mastercard requires a minimum credit score range from 725 to 759. You must also have a personal annual income of $80,000 or $150,000 for the household.