The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card is a business credit card issued by TD, one of the largest banks in Canada. With the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card you can earn up to $1,600 worth of rewards within your first year by completing milestones like spending $5,000 within your first 90 days and at least $2,500 every month thereafter.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card has an annual fee of $149, and it comes with comprehensive travel insurance that covers you when traveling in Canada and abroad. If you sign up for this card and take advantage of some of the benefits you're almost guaranteed to make up for the annual fee and then some.
What Is The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card?
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card is an airline credit card introduced by TD Bank Group, a world-leading online financial services company in Canada. The card, targeted towards for-profit small business owners in Canada, provides access to the TD Card Management Tool, an online management tool to help business owners monitor and control their business credit card spending.
Features of the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card has other great features besides its ability to earn you rewards on every purchase made. These features include:
- Earn up to $1,600 worth of rewards when you apply on or before January 3, 2023. These rewards comprise of:
- Up to 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase.
- Up to 20,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $5,000 within the first 90 days.
- An additional 30,000 Aeroplan points when you make purchases worth $2,500 each month for the first 12 months.
- Rebate on the first year annual fee for the primary cardholder and two additional cardholders
- Free first-checked bags for up to nine travelers, access to Maple leaf lounges, and an application fee rebate of up to $100 once every 48 months when you enroll in the Nexus program.
- The NEXUS program is an expedited border control program offered by the Canada Border Services Agency and the US Customs and Border Protection.
- Annual fee: $149 per year, with the yearly fee waived within the first year
- Additional cardholder fee: $49 annual fee for each additional cardholder
- Interest rate: 14.99% on purchases & 22.99% for cash advances
- Earn rewards points per dollar spent
- 2x points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases made with Air Canada
- 1.5x points for every $1 spent on eligible gas, groceries, travel, and dining purchases
- 1x points for every $1 spent on every other purchase
- Double points when you make payments with your card and provide your Aeroplan number at Aeroplan partner brands and to over 170 online retailers via the Aeroplan eStore
- Earn 50% more Aeroplan points & 50% more stars at Starbucks upon linking your TD card to your Starbucks rewards account
- Enjoy discounts of up to 25% off when you make business purchases under the Visa SavingsEdge program
- Enjoy the flexibility in redeeming points with Points+cash
- Access to TD Card Management tool, a tool to enable business owners to stay on top of their business card spending
- Access to travel insurance coverage: including travel medical Insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip cancellation or interruption insurance, and flight/trip delay insurance, delayed & lost baggage insurance, and hotel/motel burglary insurance
- Access to Visa Secure, which safeguards cardholders from monetary loss resulting from fraudulent card use
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage: For car rental periods of 48 days or less and for cars with an MSRP of up to $65,000
- Free Mobile Mobile Device Insurance with up to $1,000 of coverage in case of loss, theft, or accidental damage of eligible mobile devices.
- Purchase security for eligible new items stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase, and extended warranty protection for double the warranty period or up to 12 additional months
- Enjoy Emergency Travel Assistance Services
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car with a minimum discount value of 10% off the lowest base rates in Canada and the US and a minimum discount of 5% internationally
To be eligible for the card:
- You must be a business owner
- Your business must be a for-profit that operates in Canada
- You must be applying for the card for your business and not on behalf of someone
- Your company must not be an endorser or co-signer for any obligation
- Your business must not have been a party to any claim or lawsuit
- Your business must not owe any back taxes or any source deductions
Pros & Cons
- The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card Saves you additional travel insurance costs with its out-of-province emergency medical insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip interruption insurance, and other insurance coverage benefits.
- Up to $1,600 worth of benefits within the first year when you apply on or before Jan 2023
- Relatively low interest on purchases of 14.99%
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car
- Free first-checked bags for up to nine travelers
- Priority travel benefits including priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling
- Access to mobile device insurance of up to $1,000 per occurrence
- Purchase security and extended warranty protection for up to one additional year
- Annual fee of $149 per annum for the primary cardholder, plus $49 for each additional cardholder
- The maximum points earnable on each dollar, excluding bonus rewards, is 2 points per dollar spent
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card is a personal credit card targeted toward for-profit small business owners in Canada. With bonus rewards of up to 60,000 points when you spend up to $2,500 per month within the 1st 12 months, the card is excellent for accumulating reward points. The card also offers comprehensive travel insurance, making it an ideal option for travel purposes.
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card FAQs
How can you apply for the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Credit Card?
The following information is required to open a TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card :
- Master Business License
- Partnership Agreement: for partnerships
- Articles of Incorporation: for corporations
- Notice of assessment
- Business financial statements
What are the Insurance Perks & Coverage on the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card?
- Travel medical Insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card provides coverage of up to $2,000,000 per insured person per trip for the first 15 consecutive days for those less than 65 years old and four straight days for those 65 years or older as of the trip departure date.
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance: The trip cancellation coverage is up to $1,500 per person, with at most $5,000 for all insured persons. The trip interruption coverage is up to $5,000 per person, with a maximum of $25,000 for all insured persons.
- Car rental collision/loss damage insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card provides insurance coverage for rental car damage or theft for rental periods of at most forty-eight (48) consecutive days and with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $65,000 or less.
- Common carrier accident insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card provides up to $500,000 per insured person for accidental death or bodily injury sustained by a passenger on a licensed common carrier.
- Delayed & lost baggage insurance: This coverage offers up to $1,000 in claims toward the purchase of essentials if your baggage is delayed beyond 6 hours or lost.
- Flight/trip delay insurance: The Card provides up to $500 per insured person if your flight is delayed beyond 4 hours of its initially scheduled time.
- Hotel burglary insurance: This benefit provides coverage of up to $2,500 per occurrence for repairing or replacing personal items stolen from your travel accommodation.
- Mobile device insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card provides coverage of up to $1,000 per occurrence for lost, stolen, or accidentally damaged mobile devices. Coverage is applicable anywhere in the world as long as you:
- Charge at least 75% of the total purchase cost to your account and activate Your Mobile Device with a provider; or
- Charge the up-front cost to your credit card, finance the balance through a plan, and charge the phone's monthly wireless bill payments to your account
You are limited to one claim in a twelve consecutive month period and two claims in a 48 consecutive month period.
- TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card Purchase Coverage
- Purchase protection: Ensures items purchased with your card against theft and damage. The coverage period is for a maximum of 90 days from the purchase date
- Extended coverage on the original manufacturer's warranty period by up to one additional year.
What are other Perks & Coverage on the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card
- Access to Air Canada travel benefits
- Free first-checked bags: Allows primary business cardholders and up to eight travel companions to enjoy their first checked bag for free. Travel companions have to be traveling on the same reservation, and the flight must be an Air Canada flight for travelers to enjoy this benefit
- Maple Leaf Lounge Guest Pass: Primary business cardholder earns a free guest pass (with a maximum of four passes per year) to the Maple lounge for every $10,000 spent with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Business Credit card.
- Accelerated Aeroplan Elite Status: This benefit allows the primary cardholder to earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and one Status Qualifying Segment (SQS) for every $5,000 purchase with the card.
Note that these benefits only apply to trips that originate on Air Canada flights.
- Access to the TD Card Management Tool: The TD Card Management tool is an online tool that lets business owners monitor and control their business spending. The tool allows business owners to do the following:
- Redistribute business credit between cardholders
- Place restrictions on card spending
- Temporarily turn on and turn off the card
- View essential business expenses via a dashboard
- Create customized reports for up to 18 months of business transactions
- Access statement balances and payment history
How do I Maximize my TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card?
You can maximize your TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card by:
- Spending $2,500 per month within the first twelve months to qualify for the first 60,000 bonus points
- Enrolling in the NEXUS program
- Flying Air Canada with travel companions to take advantage of the first free checked bags.
- Paying for car rentals using your card to take advantage of discounts
Is there a limit to the rewards accumulated with the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card?
No, there is no limit to the reward points you can accumulate with the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card.
What Can you Redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card Reward Points for?
You can redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card reward points in several ways. Some of the categories you can redeem your points for include:
- Shopping: You can redeem TD Rewards points to purchase items on your wish list, including merchandise, experiences, and gift certificates
- Travel: You can redeem your TD rewards points on travel, including flights, hotel rooms, and car rentals.
Check out the Aeroplan flight reward chart for more information on redeeming travel rewards.
How can you Redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card Reward points?
Using the Air Canada website or mobile app, you can redeem your Aeroplan Reward points when looking for flights, hotels, and car rentals. You can also redeem your points for merchandise, gift cards, and other items at the Aeroplan Store
Is the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card Worth it?
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card could be worth it if you maximize its perks and the bonus reward points it offers.
Do my TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card Rewards Expire?
No, the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card reward points do not expire if the TD Aeroplan Visa Business Credit Card account remains open with the bank and is in good standing.