The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card is a travel credit card suited for the frequent traveller; you can earn up to $1,400 worth of rewards within the first year of applying for this card after completing some milestones. The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card has an annual fee of $139, which is in line with the industry standard.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card comes with comprehensive travel insurance that covers you when travelling in Canada and abroad. If you sign up for this card and take advantage of all the benefits, you're guaranteed to make up for the annual fee and then some.
What Is the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card?
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card is an airline credit card that offers exclusive travel benefits and allows you to earn rewards points on all eligible purchases. The card was first introduced in 2014 by TD Bank Group, a world-leading online financial services company in Canada. Since its release, the card has been ranked as a top Airline Credit Card by Rewards Canada due to its great rewards earning rate, and its bonus rewards offer of up to 50,000 in the first year.
Unlike everyday use cards like the Cobalt or the Amex Gold card, which reward you for daily purchases like food and drink, the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card rewards you handsomely for travel purchases. In this sense, it's more similar to the Marriott Bonvoy credit card.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card has other great features besides its generous bonus rewards offer. These features include:
- Earn up to $1,400 worth of rewards when you apply on or before January 3, 2023. These rewards comprise of:
- Up to 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase.
- Up to 20,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $1,500 within the first 90 days.
- An additional 20,000 Aeroplan points when you expend up to $7,500 in the first 12 months.
- Annual fee rebate in the first year after activating your card and incurring your first expense within the first three months
- Nexus application fee rebate of up to $100 once every 48 months when you enroll in the Nexus program. The NEXUS program is an expedited border control program offered by the Canada Border Services Agency and the United States Customs and Border Protection.
- Free first-checked bag for up to nine travellers (primary cardholder & eight travel companions) when travelling on the same reservation with Air Canada flights.
- Annual fee: $139 per year, with the yearly fee waived within the first year
- Additional cardholder fee: $75 annual fee for each additional cardholder
- Interest rate: 20.99% on purchases & 22.99% for cash advances
- Earn rewards points per dollar spent
- 1.5x points for every $1 spent on groceries, gas, and direct through Air Canada® purchases
- 1 point for every $1 spent anywhere else
- Double points when you pay with your TD card and provide your Aeroplan number to Aeroplan partner brands and online retailers through the Aeroplan eStore
- Earn 50% more Aeroplan points at Starbucks upon linking your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card with your Starbucks® Rewards account
- Aeroplan Family Sharing: Allows up to eight family members to share points.
- Access to Visa Infinite benefits: These benefits include:
- The Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection has seven exclusive benefits, including a complimentary breakfast.
- The Visa Infinite Dining Series
- Visa Infinite 24/7 Concierge Services
- The Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit, which provides discounts at 95 resorts and courses worldwide
- Access to Visa Secure, which safeguards cardholders from monetary loss resulting from fraudulent card use
- Travel insurance coverage: including out-of-province emergency medical Insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip cancellation or interruption insurance, flight delay and baggage insurance for the delay, damage, loss, or theft of baggage
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage: For car rental periods of 48 days or less and for cars with an MSRP of up to $65,000
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-a-Car with a minimum discount value of 10% off the lowest base rates in Canada and the US and a minimum discount of 5% internationally
- Free Mobile Mobile Device Insurance with up to $1,000 coverage for loss, theft, or accidental damage of eligible mobile devices.
- Purchase security for eligible new items stolen or damaged within 120 days of purchase, and extended warranty protection for double the warranty period or up to 24 additional months
- Enjoy Emergency Travel Assistance Services
- Optional benefits: These include:
- TD Auto Club Membership
- TD Credit Card Payment Protection Plan: This is a payment protection plan designed to assist with your TD Credit Card payment obligations in case of a job loss, total Disability, or death.
To be eligible for the card, you:
- Must be a permanent Canadian resident
- Must have attained the majority age in the Canadian province of residence
- Must earn a minimum annual personal income of $60,000 or household income of $100,000
Pros & Cons
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card saves you additional travel insurance costs with its out-of-province emergency medical insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip interruption insurance, and other insurance coverage benefits.
- Up to $1,400 worth of benefits within the first year when you apply on or before Jan 2023
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-a-Car
- Free first-checked bags for up to nine travellers
- Access to mobile device insurance of up to $1,000 per occurrence
- Purchase security and extended warranty protection for up to one additional year
- High annual fees of $139 per annum, plus $75 for each additional cardholder
- High minimum income requirements of $60,000 – $100,000
- The maximum points earnable on each dollar, excluding bonus rewards, is 2 points per dollar spent
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card's annual fee is $139, which is relatively higher than the average yearly fee of $120 for cards with similar benefits, such as the American Express Aeroplan Card. It also has a somewhat higher annual fee of $75 per additional cardholder compared to the average of $50 offered by counterparts.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card is a personal credit card targeted toward middle-income earners in Canada. With bonus rewards of up to 50,000 points when you spend $7,500 within the 1st 12 months, the card is excellent for accumulating reward points. The card also offers a rebate on the annual fee for the first year, which makes it easy to recoup the high yearly cost of $139. It also has several travel perks, making it an excellent travel option.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card FAQs
How can you apply for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card?
The following information is required to open a TD. Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card:
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Contact info and email address
- Home address
- Employment status and income source(s)
- Gross annual income
- Residential status
What are the Insurance Perks & Coverage on the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card?
- Out-of-province emergency medical Insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card provides coverage of up to $2,000,000 per insured person per trip for the first 21 consecutive days for those less than 65 years old and four consecutive days for those 65 years or older as of the trip departure date.
- Car rental collision/loss damage insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card provides insurance coverage for rental car damage or theft for rental periods of at most forty-eight (48) consecutive days and with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $65,000 or less.
- Common carrier accident insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card provides coverage of up to $500,000 per insured person for accidental death or bodily injury sustained by a passenger on a licensed common carrier.
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance: The TD card provides trip cancellation coverage of up to $1,500 per insured person with a maximum of $5,000 for all insured persons, and trip interruption coverage of up to $5,000 per insured person per trip, with a maximum of $5,000 for all insured persons.
- Flight delay insurance: The Card provides up to $500 per insured person if your flight is delayed beyond 4 hours of its initially scheduled time.
- Hotel burglary insurance: This benefit provides coverage of up to $2,500 per occurrence for repairing or replacing personal items stolen from your travel accommodation.
- Mobile device insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card provides coverage of up to $1,000 per occurrence for lost, stolen or accidentally damaged mobile devices. The coverage usually takes effect 30 days from and ends two years from the purchase date of your mobile device and is applicable anywhere in the world as long as you:
- Charge at least 75% of the total purchase Cost to Your card and activate Your Mobile Device with a provider; or
- Charge the up-front cost to your card, finance the balance of the total cost through a plan, and charge all monthly wireless bill payments to your account
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Purchase Coverage:
- Purchase protection: Ensures items purchased with your card against theft and damage for up to 90 days from the purchase date
- Extended warranty coverage on the original manufacturer's warranty period by up to one additional year.
What are other Perks & Coverage on the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card
- Access to Visa Infinite benefits: The TD. Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card provides exclusive access to dining, entertainment, and hotel privileges reserved for Visa Infinite Cardholders. Such privileges include:
- Visa Infinite Dining Series: A series of dining events with top chefs at the best restaurants and wineries across the country
- Visa Infinite Wine Country: A series of complimentary wine tastings at over 95 participating wineries in British Columbia, Ontario, and Sonoma Valley. This benefit also includes discounts on wine purchases and private vineyard tours.
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection: Access to seven exclusive benefits when you book a stay at one of the over 900 Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection. These benefits may include the following:
- Automatic room upgrade, when available
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- USD 25 Food and beverage credits
- Access to Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit: This benefit provides 10% off green fees & merchandise at participating Troon Rewards golf courses across the US & around the world.
- 24/7 Visa Infinite Concierge services: The TD. Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card offers you access to 24/7 concierge services which could be helpful with getting restaurant recommendations, making dinner reservations at a trendy restaurant, or planning your travel itinerary.
- Visa Infinite Entertainment Access: Exclusive access to curated events across Canada, including the Toronto International Film Festival
How do I Maximize my TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card?
You can maximize your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card by:
- Spending up to $7,500 within the first twelve months to qualify for the first 50,000 welcome bonus points
- Enrolling in the NEXUS program
- Flying Air Canada with travel companions to take advantage of the first free checked bags
- Paying for car rentals using your card to take advantage of discounts
Is there a limit to the rewards you can accumulate with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card?
No, there is no limit to the reward points you can accumulate with the TD. Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card.
What Can you Redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Reward Points for?
You can redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card reward points in several ways. Some of the categories you can redeem your points for include:
- Shopping: You can redeem TD. Rewards points to purchase items on your wish list, including merchandise, experiences, and gift certificates
- Travel: You can redeem your TD rewards points on travel, including flights, hotel rooms, and car rentals.
How can you Redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Reward points?
Yes, you can redeem your Aeroplan Reward points when booking flights with Air Canada or for hotels and car rentals through the Air Canada website or mobile app. You can also redeem your points for merchandise, gift cards, and other items at the Aeroplan eStore, much like you'd redeem MR points earned with the Amex Platinum or another card.
Is the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Worth it?
Despite its high annual fee of $139, the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card could be worth it if you maximize its perks and bonus reward points.
Do my TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Rewards Expire?
No, the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card reward points do not expire if the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card account remains open with the bank and is in good standing.