The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card is a travel credit card suited for frequent travellers; with this card you can earn up to $2,800 worth of rewards, within the first year of applying for this, just by completing some milestones.
Although the card has a high annual fee of $599, you can quickly recoup this fee by taking advantage of the included and optional benefits the card provides. This card offers excellent travel perks and it can save you a great deal when making domestic and international trips.
An equally impressive option for those who prefer American Express cards is the Amex Platinum. While it carries a higher annual fee of $699, it more than makes up for it with its annual $200 travel credit, which effectively makes it a cheaper, albeit better, choice.
What Is The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card?
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card is an airline credit card introduced by TD Bank Group, a world-leading online financial services company in Canada. The card is targeted toward high-income earners and offers cardholders exclusive travel benefits. Since its release, the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card has been ranked as one of the best airline credit cards in Canada due to its first-year bonus rewards offer of up to 105,000 Aeroplan Points and its excellent insurance coverage.
Features Of The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card has other great features besides its generous bonus rewards offer. These features include:
- Earn up to $2,800 worth of rewards when you apply on or before January 3, 2023. These rewards comprise of:
- Up to 20,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase.
- Up to 30,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days.
- An additional 55,000 Aeroplan points when you make purchases worth $12,000 within the first 12 months.
- Nexus application fee rebate of up to $100 once every 48 months when you enroll in the Nexus program. The NEXUS program is an expedited border control program offered by the Canada Border Services Agency and the US Customs and Border Protection.
- Free first-checked bag for up to nine travellers (primary cardholder & eight travel companions) when travelling on the same reservation with Air Canada flights.
- Complimentary access to Air Canada Café and Maple Leaf Lounges in US & Canada for primary and additional card holders. Cardholders are also allowed to bring a guest.
- Option to purchase an annual worldwide roundtrip companion pass for a travel companion for $99 or for free when after you spend $25,000 on net purchases
- Annual fee: $599 per year, with the yearly fee waived within the first year
- Additional cardholder fee: $199 annual fee for each additional cardholder
- Interest rate: 20.99% on purchases & 22.99% for cash advances
- Earn rewards points per dollar spent
- 2x points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases made with Air Canada
- 1.5x points for every $1 spent on eligible gas, groceries, travel, and dining purchases
- 1.25x points for every $1 spent on every other purchase
- Double points when you make payments with your card and provide your Aeroplan number at Aeroplan partner brands and to over 170 online retailers via the Aeroplan eStore.
Although these earning rates seem good at first glance, you'll do much better with other options like the Gold card or the Amex Cobalt, which will earn you MR points you can then transfer 1:1 to Aeroplan.
- Enjoy priority travel benefits, including Priority Check-In at the airport, Priority Boarding, Priority Baggage Handling, Priority Airport Standby & Upgrades. Note that these benefits only apply to trips that originate on Air Canada flights.
- Aeroplan Family Sharing: Allows up to eight family members to share points.
- Access to Visa Infinite benefits: These benefits include:
- Global Airport Lounge Access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Access to Visa Infinite Privilege Airport Benefits, including Priority Security Lanes, Priority airport taxi and limo lanes, and up to 20% off parking at specific airports
- The Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection has seven exclusive benefits, including a complimentary breakfast.
- The Visa Infinite Dining Series
- Visa Infinite 24/7 Concierge Services
- The Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit, which provides discounts at 95 resorts and courses worldwide
- Option to enroll in Visa RSVP Rewards Benefit
- Access to travel insurance coverage: including out-of-province emergency medical Insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip cancellation or interruption insurance, and flight delay and baggage insurance for the delay, damage, loss, or theft of baggage
- Access to Visa Secure, which safeguards cardholders from monetary loss resulting from fraudulent card use
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage: For car rental periods of 48 days or less and for cars with an MSRP of up to $65,000
- Free Mobile Mobile Device Insurance with up to $1,500 of coverage in case of loss, theft, or accidental damage of eligible mobile devices.
- Purchase security for eligible new items stolen or damaged within 120 days of purchase, and extended warranty protection for double the warranty period or up to 24 additional months
- Enjoy Emergency Travel Assistance Services
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car with a minimum discount value of 10% off the lowest base rates in Canada and the US and a minimum discount of 5% internationally
- Earn two Aeroplan points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases with Rocky Mountaineer. You could also receive a Goldleaf and hotel room upgrade at Rocky Mountaineer.
- Earn 50% more Aeroplan points at Starbucks upon linking your TD card to your Starbucks rewards account
- Optional benefits: These include:
- TD Auto Club Membership
- TD Credit Card Payment Protection Plan: This is a payment protection plan designed to assist you with your TD Credit Card payment obligations in case of a job loss, total Disability, or death.
To be eligible for the card, you:
- Must be a permanent Canadian resident
- Must have attained the majority age in the Canadian province of residence
- Must earn a minimum annual personal income of $150,000 or household income of $200,000
Pros & Cons
- The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card Saves you additional travel insurance costs with its out-of-province emergency medical insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip interruption insurance, and other insurance coverage benefits.
- Up to $2,800 worth of benefits within the first year when you apply on or before Jan 2023
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car
- Free first-checked bags for up to nine travellers
- Priority travel benefits including priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling
- Access to mobile device insurance of up to $1,500 per occurrence
- Purchase security and extended warranty protection for up to two additional years
- High annual fees of $599 per annum plus $199 for each additional cardholder
- High minimum income requirements of $150,000 – $200,000
- The maximum points earnable on each dollar, excluding bonus rewards, is 2 points per dollar spent
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card's yearly fee is $599, which falls within the same range of annual fees for cards that offer similar benefits, such as the American Express Prestige Aeroplan Card. It also has a yearly fee of $199 per additional cardholder.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card is a personal credit card targeted toward high-income earners in Canada. With bonus rewards of up to 105,000 points when you spend up to $12,000 within the 1st 12 months, the card is excellent for accumulating reward points. The card also has several travel coverage & perks, which makes it an excellent option for travel.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card FAQs
What Information is Required to apply for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card?
The following information is required to open a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card :
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Contact info and email address
- Home address
- Employment status and income source(s)
- Gross annual income
- Residential status
What are the Insurance Perks & Coverage on the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card?
- Out-of-province emergency medical Insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card provides coverage of up to $5,000,000 per insured person per trip for the first 31 consecutive days for those less than 65 years old and four consecutive days for those 65 years or older as of the trip departure date.
- Car rental collision/loss damage insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card provides insurance coverage for rental car damage or theft for rental periods of at most forty-eight (48) consecutive days and with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $85,000 or less.
- Common carrier accident insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card provides up to $500,000 per insured person for accidental death or bodily injury sustained by a passenger on a licensed common carrier.
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance: The trip cancellation coverage is up to $2,500 per person, with at most $5,000 for all insured persons. The trip interruption coverage is up to $5,000 per person, with a maximum of $25,000 for all insured persons.
- Flight delay insurance: The Card provides up to $1000 per insured person if your flight is delayed beyond 4 hours of its initially scheduled time.
- Hotel burglary insurance: This benefit provides coverage of up to $2,500 per occurrence for repairing or replacing personal items stolen from your travel accommodation.
- Mobile device insurance: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card provides coverage of up to $1,500 per occurrence for lost, stolen, or accidentally damaged mobile devices. Coverage usually takes effect 30 days from and ends two years from the purchase date of your mobile device and is applicable anywhere in the world as long as you:
- Charge at least 75% of the total purchase cost to your account and activate Your Mobile Device with a Provider; or
- Charge the up-front cost to your credit card, finance the balance of the total cost through a Plan, and charge all monthly wireless bill payments to Your Account
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card Purchase Coverage
- Purchase protection: Ensures items purchased with your card against theft and damage for a maximum of 120 days from the purchase date
- Extended coverage on the original manufacturer's warranty period by up to two additional years.
What are other Perks & Coverage on the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card
- Access to Visa Infinite benefits: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card provides exclusive access to dining, entertainment, and hotel privileges reserved for Visa Infinite Cardholders. Such privileges include:
- Visa Infinite Dining Series: A series of dining events with top chefs at the best restaurants and wineries across the country
- Visa Infinite Wine Country: A series of complimentary wine tastings at over 95 wineries in British Columbia, Ontario, and Sonoma Valley. This benefit also includes discounts on wine purchases and private vineyard tours.
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection: Access to seven exclusive benefits when you book a stay at one of the over 900 Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection. These benefits may include the following:
- Automatic room upgrade, when available
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- $25 Food and beverage credits
If you value a unique and pleasant hotel experience, a card like the Marriott Bonvoy American Express card can deliver as much value and more as the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege.
- Access to Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit: This benefit provides 10% off green fees & merchandise at participating Troon Rewards golf courses across the US & around the world.
- 24/7 Visa Infinite Concierge services: The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card offers you access to 24/7 concierge services which could be helpful with getting restaurant recommendations, making dinner reservations at a trendy restaurant, or planning your travel itinerary.
To access these concierge services, you can contact: 1-855-822-1240 (from within Canada & US) or 11-303-967-1036 (from outside Canada & US)
- Visa Infinite Entertainment Access: Exclusive access to curated events across Canada, including the Toronto International Film Festival
- Global Airport Lounge Access: The card offers complimentary membership to the Visa Airport Companion Program by Dragonpass. The complimentary membership offers six lounge visits access per year at over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide.
- Access to Visa Infinite Privilege Airport Benefits, including Priority Security Lanes, Priority airport taxi and limo lanes, and Up to 20% off parking at specific airports
- Option to enroll in Visa RSVP Rewards Benefit: This benefit grants you access to Diamond status delivering benefits at over 60 participating Sandman and Sutton Place hotels
You can visit visainfinite.ca/privilege for more details on the card's benefits.
- Access to Air Canada travel benefits
- Priority Check-In at the airport: You and up to eight travel companions travelling will receive priority check-in for Air Canadian flight
- Priority Boarding for you and your travel companions, including Zone 2 priority boarding for any Air Canada flight.
- Priority Baggage Handling: includes priority baggage tagging and priority baggage arrival at your destination carousel
- Priority Airport Standby & Upgrades: This benefit gives you priority standby access to seats and seat upgrades.
- Accelerated Aeroplan Elite Status: This benefit allows you to earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and one Status Qualifying Segment (SQS) for every $5,000 net purchase with your card. It also allows Aeroplan Elite Status holders to roll over 200,000 SQMs from the prior qualification year to qualify for the following year's status.
- Note that these benefits only apply to trips that originate on Air Canada flights.
How do I Maximize my TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card?
You can maximize your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card by:
- Spending up to $12,000 within the first twelve months to qualify for the first 50,000 welcome bonus points
- Enrolling in the NEXUS program
- Flying Air Canada with travel companions to take advantage of the first free checked bags.
- Paying for car rentals using your card to take advantage of discounts
Is there a limit to the Rewards that can be Accumulated with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card?
No, there is no limit to the reward points you can accumulate with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card.
What Can you Redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card Reward Points for?
You can redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card reward points in several ways. Some of the categories you can redeem your points for include:
- Shopping: You can redeem TD Rewards points to purchase items on your wish list, including merchandise, experiences, and gift certificates
- Travel: You can redeem your TD rewards points on travel, including flights, hotel rooms, and car rentals.
Check out the Aeroplan flight reward chart for more information on redeeming travel rewards.
How can you Redeem your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card Reward points?
Using the Air Canada website or mobile app, you can redeem your Aeroplan Reward points when looking for flights, hotels, and car rentals. You can also redeem your points for merchandise, gift cards, and other items at the Aeroplan eStore.
Is the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card Worth it?
Despite its high annual fee of $599, TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card could be worth it if you maximize its perks and bonus reward points.
Do my TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card Rewards Expire?
No, the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card reward points do not expire if the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card account remains open with the bank and is in good standing.