If you want to pay for OnlyFans using a prepaid card, you’re out of luck: OnlyFans recently stopped accepting prepaid cards, so you can’t use them at all.
Instead, I recommend using a Revolut virtual credit card, which is a secure, convenient, and affordable way to make payments on OnlyFans and elsewhere online. With an easy-to-use mobile app and zero fees, I strongly recommend Revolut virtual cards for anyone looking to pay for subscriptions on OnlyFans.
What Is OnlyFans?
OnlyFans is an online platform where fans can connect with their favorite content creators. Creators charge fans a monthly subscription fee, or fans can tip creators for individual pieces of content.
OnlyFans accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Maestro credit and debit cards, as payment methods. Once you’ve created an OnlyFans account, you can start browsing for content and subscribing to the creators you like.
What are prepaid cards?
Prepaid cards are a type of payment card that can be used to make purchases without the need for a credit or debit card. Prepaid cards are loaded with a certain amount of money, and the card can only be used to spend that amount.
Some prepaid cards used to be valid payment methods on OnlyFans, but they aren’t accepted anymore. There are a number of other drawbacks to prepaid cards that make them a poor payment choice, too.
Disadvantages Of Prepaid Cards
Here are some of the biggest disadvantages of using prepaid cards:
- Plenty of hidden fees: Prepaid cards can have a lot of hidden fees, including monthly fees, ATM fees (if you withdraw the balance at an ATM), signup fees, reloading fees, and transaction fees. It’s not uncommon to pay 5% – 10% of the card’s balance in fees, which means you lose $5 – $10 for every $100 you put on the card.
- Zero interest: Money that you store on a prepaid card does not earn interest. This means that your money is not growing over time.
- Riskier than credit cards: Prepaid cards aren’t as safe as physical or virtual credit cards, because if your prepaid card is lost or stolen, you won’t be able to get your money back.
That's why I recommend using virtual credit cards, which are a safer, more convenient alternative to prepaid cards. Virtual credit cards are linked to your bank account, but you can generate a new, one-time use credit card number for each online purchase. Virtual credit cards also don't have any hidden fees, making them safer and more cost-effective than prepaid cards.
My Recommendation: The Revolut Virtual Credit Card
As far as virtual credit cards go, Revolut is one of the best. It works flawlessly with OnlyFans, and offers a number of other benefits you’ll find valuable, too:
- Security: Revolut virtual credit cards are highly secure. Each card carries a unique credit card number, and you can cancel each card after a single transaction so it can’t be used again. Revolut also offers fraud protection, ensuring that your money is always safe.
- Convenience: Revolut virtual credit cards can be used to make purchases online or in stores, and you can even set up recurring payments if you want to. The Revolut mobile app makes it easy to manage your card and track your spending.
- Zero Fees: Revolut virtual credit cards don’t carry any fees, including no monthly fees or transaction fees. You can open an account with no fees as well, making the Revolut card ideal for cost-conscious users.
Here are some additional benefits of using a Revolut virtual credit card:
- You can create multiple cards: Revolut allows you to create multiple virtual credit cards, which can be useful for separating your spending. For example, you could create one card for personal expenses and one card for business expenses.
- You can set spending limits: Revolut allows you to set spending limits on your virtual credit cards. This can be helpful if you are trying to budget your spending or if you are worried about overspending.
- You can get cash back: Revolut offers a cash back rewards program on some of its virtual credit cards. This can help you save money on your purchases.
Overall, the Revolut virtual credit card is a great option for those who are looking for a secure, convenient, and affordable way to make payments online, whether it’s to OnlyFans or elsewhere.
3 Months Premium
Trading Fees: 0%
If you want to pay for OnlyFans using a prepaid card, you’re out of luck: OnlyFans recently stopped accepting prepaid cards, so you’ll need to use a credit or debit card in order to subscribe to creators on the platform.
I recommend opening a fee-free virtual credit card with Revolut, which you can use to pay for OnlyFans subscriptions easily and securely. Revolut’s well-reviewed app and commitment to user-friendliness make it easy to use, and the ability to generate and cancel virtual credit cards on demand make it a great tool for online shoppers.
OnlyFans Prepaid Cards FAQs
Can I use a prepaid card on OnlyFans?
No, as of April 2023, prepaid cards no longer work as a payment option for OnlyFans. A small list of prepaid Visa cards used to be accepted by OnlyFans, but that’s no longer the case, and OnlyFans will likely update its payment methods help article soon.
How can I pay for OnlyFans with a virtual credit card?
To pay for OnlyFans using a virtual credit card, you’ll need to add the card as a payment method in your OnlyFans account. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your OnlyFans profile page.
- Click on Settings, Payment Methods, and Add Payment Method.
- Select Credit Card from the list of payment methods.
- Enter your virtual credit card information from Revolut.
- Click Save.
Once you’ve added your Revolut card as a payment method, you can use it to pay for any OnlyFans subscription you chose.
Can I use multiple payment methods for OnlyFans?
Yes, you can use multiple payment methods for OnlyFans. To add a new payment method, follow the steps above.
Is there a fee for using a prepaid card on OnlyFans?
There’s no fee for using a prepaid card on OnlyFans, but your prepaid card won’t be accepted. Prepaid cards often charge transaction fees as well, so even if OnlyFans did accept your card, you’d be paying a hefty fee for the privilege.