If you want to sign up for a free trial without using a credit card, you’re in the right place. In this post, I’m going to show you exactly how to sign up for any free trial without exposing your credit card information—and without paying a dime, either.
The key is in using Revolut, a virtual credit card provider that offers quick, easy-to-get virtual cards without any cost. You can sign up for a zero-fee Revolut account below and get access to the free trials you want in 5 minutes or less.
How Can You Access Free Trials Without A Credit Card?
It's a common misconception that free trials can only be accessed with a credit card. However, Revolut virtual credit cards provide a practical alternative, allowing you to enjoy free trials without the need for a traditional credit or debit card. With a Revolut virtual credit card, you can sign up for any trial that accepts Mastercard as a payment method, expanding your options of all the free trials you can sign up for.
Revolut virtual credit cards also offer you more control over your experience with free trials. You can determine the amount loaded onto the card, ensuring you won't be charged once the trial period expires. These cards are not linked to your bank account, providing an extra layer of security and protecting your personal financial information from potential data breaches.
When signing up for free trials using a virtual card, the process is quick and easy. Instead of entering your personal card details, simply select the Mastercard option and input the information of your virtual card.
What Is a Virtual Credit Card?
A virtual credit card functions like a regular credit card with a few key differences:
- Virtual credit cards generate a unique card number, expiration date, and security code for each transaction, reducing the risk of fraud or unauthorized charges.
- Virtual credit cards can have a set spending limit, making them ideal for free trials where you want to control the amount charged (whether that’s zero or otherwise).
- Virtual credit cards can be easily generated and used for a specific transaction, providing flexibility and convenience.
Why You Should Use Virtual Credit Cards For Free Trials
The obvious reason to use a virtual credit card for free trials is the increased level of security they offer. When you use a virtual credit card, you’re protected by a layer of security for your personal financial information, which ensures that your primary credit card or bank account details are not exposed to the risks associated with online transactions.
Here are some other benefits of using virtual credit cards for free trials:
- Virtual credit cards offer an added layer of security by keeping your primary credit card or bank account information separate from online services.
- Virtual credit cards protect your personal financial information from potential data breaches or unauthorized access.
- Virtual cards allow you to set spending limits, ensuring you won't be charged once the trial period ends.
- Virtual cards help you avoid unwanted charges or recurring subscriptions by providing a temporary payment method.
- Virtual credit cards offer a convenient and hassle-free way to sign up for free trials without the need for a physical credit card.
How To Use Virtual Credit Cards For Free Trials
Here’s how to start using a virtual credit card for all of the free trials you want to sign up to:
- Create a no-fee account with Revolut.
- Generate your first virtual credit card inside your Revolut account. You’ll receive a unique card number, expiration date, and security code.
- Enter your new card details wherever you’re signing for the free trial.
If you have no plans of renewing the free trial once it switches to a paid subscription, you can delete your card as soon as it’s been verified, which means you can’t be charged later on. All future transactions made with those card details will be denied, and you won’t pay anything.
If you may want to keep the paid subscription, monitor the trial period and leave yourself a reminder to cancel the subscription before it expires to avoid any potential unwanted charges.
As a further measure in protecting your financial information, I suggest using a different virtual credit card for every free trial you sign up for.
Why Revolut Is The Best Virtual Credit Card For Free Trials
When it comes to virtual credit cards for free trials, Revolut stands out as the best option available, hands down. Here are several reasons why Revolut is so far ahead of the pack:
- Ease of Use: Revolut offers a user-friendly and intuitive interface that makes it easy to manage your virtual credit cards. You can create and manage multiple virtual cards within the Revolut app, allowing you to keep track of your free trials effectively.
- Enhanced Security: Revolut prioritizes security, employing advanced measures to protect your financial information. Each virtual card is equipped with unique card details, such as the card number, CVV, and expiration date. This adds an extra layer of security, reducing the risk of unauthorized transactions or data breaches.
- Temporary Card Numbers: Revolut's virtual credit cards come with the ability to generate temporary card numbers. These numbers are specifically designed for one-time use, making them ideal for signing up for free trials. By using a temporary card number, you can ensure that your actual credit card details are not shared with the trial provider, enhancing your privacy and safeguarding your primary card information.
- Control and Flexibility: Revolut allows you to easily set spending limits and control the funds available on your virtual credit cards. You can load a specific amount of money onto each card, ensuring that you only spend what you intend to during the free trial period. This level of control helps you manage your finances effectively and avoid any unexpected charges.
- Global Acceptance: Revolut's virtual credit cards are widely accepted across various online platforms and merchants, giving you the freedom to sign up for free trials with ease. Whether you're exploring software services, subscription-based platforms, or online streaming services, Revolut virtual cards provide a convenient and reliable payment method.
- Budgeting and Expense Tracking: Revolut offers robust budgeting features, allowing you to categorize your expenses and track your spending patterns. With the ability to assign specific virtual cards for different free trials, you can easily monitor your trial-related expenses and ensure that you stay within your budget.
- Additional Features: Apart from its virtual credit cards, Revolut provides various additional features that enhance the overall experience. These features include currency exchange at competitive rates, budgeting tools, expense analytics, and even cashback rewards on certain purchases. This makes Revolut a comprehensive financial management solution, catering to a wide range of needs.
Overall, Revolut offers a seamless and secure virtual credit card experience that's well-suited for signing up for free trials. With its user-friendly interface, enhanced security measures, flexibility, and additional features, Revolut stands out as one of the best options to consider when looking for a virtual credit card for free trials.
Free Trials & Credit Cards FAQs
Can I use a fake card for free trials?
No, it is illegal and unethical to use a fake card for free trials or any other transactions. Using fraudulent information, including fake credit card details, is against the law and can result in serious consequences.
Can you do a free trial without paying?
Yes, free trials are designed to provide users with a limited period to try out a product or service at no cost. Typically, you are not required to make any payment during the free trial period, though some companies (OnlyFans, for example) still ask for your credit card information to ensure a smooth transition to a paid subscription if you decide to continue using the service after the trial period.
Are virtual credit cards illegal?
No, virtual credit cards (VCC) are not illegal. VCCs are legitimate payment methods provided by authorized financial institutions or payment service providers. They offer added security and convenience for online transactions, including free trials.
How do I get 30 days free Netflix without a credit card?
Netflix usually requires a credit card or other payment method to start a free trial. If you don't have a credit card, you can explore alternative payment options such as using a virtual credit card or signing up for Netflix through a service provider that offers billing options without a credit card. However, the availability of these options may vary depending on your location.
What happens if you use a fake credit card number for free trials?
Using a fake credit card number for free trials is illegal and can hold serious consequences. Companies have systems in place to detect fraudulent activities, and using a fake credit card number from a credit card number generator is likely to result in the immediate termination of your account. It may also lead to legal actions being taken against you.
Why do free trials take a dollar?
Some free trials may place a temporary authorization charge of one dollar on your credit card. This charge is not an actual payment but a pre-authorization to validate your credit card details. It helps the company verify the authenticity of the card and ensures that it is valid. The $1 charge is usually refunded or dropped from your statement after a short period, typically within a few days.
Why Do You Need To Add Your Credit Card Details For A Free Trial?
Free trials offer an excellent opportunity to test a product or service before making a long-term commitment. However, many free trials require users to enter their card details before granting access. Why is that?
There are a few valid reasons you’re asked for your credit card details when signing up for a free trial:
- Provides Feedback: Companies may ask for payment details to gain valuable feedback from consumers. By going through the process of unsubscribing, users have the opportunity to provide feedback, helping companies improve their products and user experience. This feedback can be crucial in increasing user retention and enhancing the overall quality of the product.
- Streamlines The Customer Experience: If users decide to continue with the product, they don't need to take any further action, making the transition from trial to subscription seamless.
- Prevents Abuse: Requesting card details prevents users from abusing the service by signing up for multiple free trials using different email addresses and names. This practice not only results in losses for the company but also compromises the integrity of the trial system. Requiring card details reduces the chances of repeat accounts, ensuring a fair and controlled trial environment.
Can you get free trials with PayPal?
Generally, no, you cannot get access to free trials using PayPal. If you use a virtual credit card following the steps above, though, you can usually gain access to those same free trials.