Bob Brinker is a well-known financial advisor. With 32 years under his belt, Bob opened his own financial advisor company which offers Bob Brinker's famous newsletter. However, as of the moment of writing, we believe that Bob's newsletter and overall financial advisor services are a bit behind when it comes to being one of the best in the current scene. This review will help you understand why.
Instead, we suggest Capitalist Exploits, the top financial newsletter of 2022. Capitalist Exploits' team of experts focuses on isolating low-risk, high-return investment opportunities that have the potential to 10x in value, and based on their past performance, we can't recommend them enough.
#1 About Bob Brinker
Bob Brinker is a financial advisor some considered to be a guru. He provides investment advice through his newsletter, which he distributes to paid members through his website. The Bob Brinker newsletter consists of advisory services to members, from portfolio recommendations to coverage of other news.
However, Bob Brinker's website is very basic… The website feature a blog and the information he covers about financial news is very scarce. We also find it curious that even though the content is scarce at best, there's a complete section dedicated to promoting Bob's T-shirts, mugs, and stickers with the Marketimer brand.
Another aspect that seems to diminish credibility is that the website offers the possibility of “buying” advertising spaces so that the other websites can be featured on Bob's site. However, when we were researching and writing this review, there were no advertisements in there for what looked like a long while…
What Happened To Bob Brinker?
Alongside being a “financial guru“, Bob was also a radio broadcaster for many years. His radio show “Money Talk” was acclaimed for years, but after more than three decades on the air, he decided to officially close the program down.
When asked why he closed down the show, Brinker said that it was time for him to “take his weekends back and enjoy Sundays with his family.”
Now that we've given you some background to who really is Bob Brinker, here's what he currently offers:
#2 Bob Brinker Newsletter
Marketimer is the name of the newsletter that Bob Brinker offers on his website. This product is a monthly investment newsletter where investors can read a review on stock markets, Federal Reserve policies and mutual fund investment recommendations. Users will also find suggested model investment portfolios classified according to the type of risk anyone wants to assume as an investor.
One of the things that will allow building a great portfolio is access to relevant and updated information. The function of a newsletter is to keep investors informed in the current news and how they affect the investment plans of everyone. We currently believe that Capitalist Exploits is the best newsletter for recommendations and keeping yourself informed, however, we'll delve into that later.
#3 Bob Brinker's Portfolio
The portfolios available in the Marketimer newsletter are designed so that each reader can pair their objectives with the design of each portfolio. Each portfolio is separated into three categories, which are the following:
- Aggressive Portfolio: It is designed for investors with aggressive growth investment objectives. Such investors seek maximum returns and are willing and able to accept higher levels of risk and volatility.
- Growth Portfolio: This portfolio is designed for investors with long-term growth objectives. Such investors seek to enhance the value of their capital over time. They are willing to assume a reasonable level of diversified market risk.
- Strategic Portfolio: The structure is designed as a balanced portfolio for current investment income along with capital preservation and modest growth. It's best suited for investors nearing retirement or those already living off of their retirement savings supplemented by pension earnings.
Below we will present a brief summary of the supposed results that Bob Brinker's investment portfolios have obtained. Take into account that each summary will have a result for 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 and 1 year until 12-31-2019.
One aspect that you should take into account and that Bob Brinker clearly expresses is that the past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
25 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Aggressive Portfolio: 1,663%
- Growth Portfolio: 1,299%
- Strategic Portfolio: 618%
20 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Aggressive Portfolio: 457%
- Growth Portfolio: 443%
- Strategic Portfolio: 301%
15 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Aggressive Portfolio: 262%
- Growth Portfolio: 260%
- Strategic Portfolio: 162%
10 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Aggressive Portfolio: 230%
- Growth Portfolio: 220%
- Strategic Portfolio: 124%
5 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Aggressive Portfolio: 68%
- Growth Portfolio: 67%
- Strategic Portfolio: 40%
1 year ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Aggressive Portfolio: 31.9%
- Growth Portfolio: 31.4%
- Strategic Portfolio: 19.2%
There's one clear thing to mention here, these results are impressive. However, due to them always reporting positive numbers, we suggest being very careful of results like these since we don't actually know if they're legitimate or not. At the end of the day, Bob doesn't actually upload anything that can prove the validity of these results.
#4 Bob Brinker Newsletter Cost
The annual subscription to the Marketimer newsletter has a cost of $185 USD. There are currently no promotions and no free trials. However, the newsletter has a competitive cost in relation to other investment service companies, which is a nice point for it.
#5 Pros And Cons
After an impartial analysis of the financial services offered by Bob Brinker, unfortunately in this section, we only found more cons than pros.
- Bob Brinker is a financial advisor with more than 32 years of experience.
- The newsletter presents market analysis and various types of reference portfolios to be able to compare and follow.
- No free content.
- The website is extremely basic and lacking interesting features
- Selling T-shirts, mugs, stickers and advertising undermines the credibility of the website.
- The performance of the portfolios seems to exceed the behaviour of the market when compared to others
- For many people, Bob Brinker is a self-proclaimed guru. Having been successful with his radio show doesn't make him an authority in financial advisorship.
- There are no promotions or trials to test the services.
Now that we've covered what the think about Bob Brinker's newsletter and Marketimer, it's time help you look for a better alternative. For us, that better Alternative is Capitalist Exploits, here's why:
#6 Capitalist Exploits: A Better Alternative
As you could see with Bob's newsletter, investing is an industry where everyone wants to make you believe that you can get rich both easily and quickly. And the truth is that it's possible, but getting rich quick isn't easy, it's extremely hard. However, we do believe that there are tools that make getting there a bit easier, one of those being Capitalist Exploits.
Capitalist Exploits' main function is to offer a balance between the lowest-risk and highest-yield opportunities. This is then followed by the company summarizing all of these opportunities and identifying trends that the market is following. In this way, they're able to accurately recommend investors in which assets to invest to generate profits.
Another big point of Capitalist Exploits is in its newsletter, which analyzes and notifies investors of global news and how it could impact the market. This focus on helping traders and letting them rationalize and understand what's really happening is what really makes us put Capitalist Exploits in such high regard.
To really prove that Capitalist Exploits is as good as we've mentioned, we've done a comparison between it and Bob Brinker's newsletter. Here's how it turned out:
Bob Brinker Vs. Capitalist Exploits
|Characteristics||Bob Brinker||Capitalist Exploits|
|Method of Investment/Recommendation Selection:||Analyzing the economic environment and policies to determine a possible influence in the market.||1.- Seeking investment opportunities worldwide through in-depth analysis, market research, and investment networks.|
2.- Determining if the opportunity can be safely seized.
3.- Estimating a level of risk for each recommendation.
4.- Final recommendation on how much and how the capital should be invested into the opportunities.
|Are the recommendations diversified?||Yes, though based in the stock market only.||Yes, Capitalist Exploits seeks investment opportunities worldwide in and out of the stock market.|
|Are recommendations explained thoroughly?||No||Yes|
|Does it generate free content?||No|| Yes, the company offers a blog abd highly relevant podcasts and opinion pieces.|
Capitalist Exploits also offers a private Telegram channel called “Hedgies Uncut”.
|What type of investor is it for?||Meant for experienced investors||Anyone with any level of experience or geographic location.|
Summary Of Bob Brinker's Financial Services
- Bob Brinker is an American financial advisor and radio broadcaster.
- His radio show was acclaimed for 32 years while on air.
- Its website is not very user-friendly.
- It does not have free content and users will find very little information about financial services unless subscribed.
- Some aspects of Bob Brinker's website take away credibility. For example, the marketing of its T-shirts, mugs and advertising banners that nobody buys.
- The portfolios found in the Marketimer newsletter are designed so that each reader of the newsletter can pair their objectives with the 3 types of portfolio design.
The Money Talk show was highly acclaimed during the time, in fact, he had a very fresh way of approaching financial issues with great spontaneity. However, take into account that the financial market is always in constant movement. It is important that financial advisors adapt to new trends and structures. We think that while it is true that at some point Bob Brinker's newsletter made some good hits, it isn't exactly the best advisor in the industry right now.
As for better alternatives, we believe that Capitalist Exploits is a much better option for three reasons:
- Capitalist Exploits provide an incredible amount of information about financial markets that help beginners learn
- Capitalist Exploits is focused on identifying high-return, low-risk investment opportunities, which is exactly what someone who is just starting on needs
- The level of asset diversification offered by Capitalist Exploits will allow any investor to achieve a huge and successful portfolio.
So, are you ready to start investing, creating your strategy and being advised by the best in the industry?