On Bob Brinker’s website, you will find his Marketimer newsletter that offers financial advice and Bob’s insights on portfolio design. However, the Marketimer newsletter leaves a lot to be desired, and while Bob has had some winners over the years, we cannot recommend it to anyone today.
Instead, we suggest Capitalist Exploits, a proven system that delivers consistent results. Capitalist Exploits’ themes-based approach to investing and its high value, low-risk recommendations offer a far better alternative for both beginners and traders with decades of experience.
#1 About Bob Brinker
Bob Brinker is a financial advisor some consider to be a guru. He provides investment advice through his newsletter, which he distributes to paid members through his website. The Bob Brinker newsletter offers advisory services to members, with its only free content being an alert service that free subscribers receive via email.
Bob Brinker’s website is very basic, he doesn’t have a blog and the information you will find about financial services is very scarce. We also find it curious that although there is no content about the services, there is a section where the portal promotes T-shirts, mugs, and stickers with the Marketimer brand. Another aspect that seems to diminish credibility, at least to the web portal, is that it offers the possibility of buying advertising banners so that the bobbrinker.com website advertises other companies, and although the Bob Brinker website has a lot of space no one seems to be interested.
What Happened To Bob Brinker?
Alongside being a financial “guru,” Bob Brinker was also a radio broadcaster for many years. was has stepped away from radio in recent years. His radio show “Money Talk” was acclaimed for years, but after more than three decades on the air, he has officially closed the program down.
When asked why he closed down the show, Brinker said that it’s time for him to “take his weekends back and enjoy Sundays with his family.”
#2 Bob Brinker Newsletter
Marketimer is the name of the newsletter that Bob Brinker offers on his website. This product is a monthly investment newsletter where you can read a review of the stock market, the influence of Federal Reserve policies on the economy, and mutual fund investment recommendations. You will also find suggested model investment portfolios classified according to the type of risk you want to assume as an investor.
Take into account that in general, to get a greater yield in the long term, it is necessary to assume a greater risk. But, a higher level of risk is also accompanied by greater chances of loss. So, it is necessary that you can structure a strategy that allows you to make an adequate balance between risk and benefit.
One of the things that will allow you to build a good portfolio is your access to relevant information. You must analyze each of the sources of financial services so that you choose the ideal one. For example, Capitalist Exploits offers very good services, in fact, later we will make an interesting comparison between Bob Brinker’s financial services and Capitalist Exploits. Now, we suggest that you test one of the products of Capitalist Exploits. This is a weekly newsletter at a very affordable cost compared to other providers and especially with the quality of the Capitalist Exploits service.
#3 Bob Brinker’s Portfolio
The portfolios that you will find in the Marketimer newsletter are designed so that each reader of the newsletter can couple their objectives with the design of each portfolio. As you will see later, there are aggressive, growth and strategic portfolios based on investment in funds. Once you choose the portfolio that best suits your objectives, you must create your own strategy so that you can make your own investments.
- Portfolio I: It is designed for investors with aggressive growth investment objectives. Such investors seek maximum returns and are willing and able to accept higher levels of risk and volatility.
- Portfolio II: This portfolio is designed for investors with long-term growth objectives. Such investors seek to enhance the value of their capital over time. They are willing to assume a reasonable level of diversified market risk.
- Portfolio III: The structure is designed as a balanced portfolio for current investment income along with capital preservation and modest growth. The portfolio is allocated between equities and fixed-income securities. This portfolio is best suited to investors nearing or already enjoying a retirement lifestyle. That is if you do not have a retirement account you are going to need a lot of capital to invest in this type of portfolio.
Below we will present a brief summary of the results that, according to Bob Brinker’s website, his investment portfolios have obtained. Take into account that in each summary you will have a result for 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 and 1 year until 12-31-2019.
One aspect that you should take into account and that Bob Brinker clearly expresses is that the past performance is not a guarantee of future results. However, you will see that the results are impressive. We suggest that you be very careful with these types of results because at first they seem impressive but you have to analyze them carefully. But, it seems relevant to us to provide you with this type of information so that you can analyze it and make the best decision.
25 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Portfolio I: 1,663%
- Portfolio II: 1,299%
- Portfolio III: 618% (balanced portfolio of equity and fixed-income securities)
20 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Portfolio I: 457%
- Portfolio II: 443%
- Portfolio III: 301% (balanced portfolio of equity and fixed-income securities)
15 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Portfolio I: 262%
- Portfolio II: 260%
- Portfolio III: 162% (balanced portfolio of equity and fixed-income securities)
10 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Portfolio I: 230%
- Portfolio II: 220%
- Portfolio III: 124% (balanced portfolio of equity and fixed-income securities)
5 years ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Portfolio I: 68%
- Portfolio II: 67%
- Portfolio III: 40% (balanced portfolio of equity and fixed-income securities)
1 year ended 12-31-2019 for all Model Portfolios:
- Portfolio I: 31.9%
- Portfolio II: 31.4%
- Portfolio III: 19.2% (balanced portfolio of equity and fixed-income securities)
#4 Bob Brinker Newsletter Cost
The annual subscription to the Marketimer newsletter has a cost of $185 USD. There are currently no promotions and no free trials. However, the newsletter has a competitive cost in relation to other investment service companies.
#5 Pros And Cons
After an impartial analysis of the financial services offered by Bob Brinker, unfortunately in this section, you will find more cons than pros.
- Bob Brinker is a financial advisor with more than 32 years of experience.
- The newsletter presents market analysis and various types of reference portfolios to be able to compare and follow.
- No free content.
- The website is very basic.
- Selling T-shirts, mugs, stickers and advertising seems to undermine the credibility of the website.
- The performance of the portfolios seems to be exorbitant compared to the market.
- For many people, Bob Brinker is a self-proclaimed guru. Having been successful with his radio show does not make him an authority in the world of financial services today.
- There are no promotions or trials to test the services.
#6 Capitalist Exploits: A Better Alternative
In the financial world, there are infinite portals that promise to give the most precise recommendations so that you can get rich. However, not everyone is right. In fact, very few offer financial services with high technical criteria and quality standards. We think that while it is true that at some point Bob Brinker’s newsletter made some good hits, at this time we do not recommend it. For this reason, in our search for the best financial services, we recommend Capitalist Exploits, because it is profitable, reliable and affordable. Indeed, we suggest our post “Capitalist Exploits: A Measured Approach To Achieving Asymmetric Returns”. In it, we cover the type of content and services, how it works and in which markets they recommend you invest in.
Bob Brinker Newsletter Vs. Capitalist Exploits
In the following table, we show you a comparison between both financial service providers.
|Characteristics||Bob Brinker Newsletter||Capitalist Exploits|
|How do they select investments?||Bob Brinker Newsletter analyzes the economic environment and economic policies to determine their influence on financial instruments||Capitalist Exploits seeks investment opportunities worldwide through in-depth analysis, market research, and investment networks. |
The team looks for the best investment opportunities in different sectors, industries and global markets.
Then they determine if the opportunity can be safely seized. After identifying opportunities, they estimate the risk associated with each investment to select the best risk-capital ratio.
The next step is to identify the most appropriate way to allocate capital in each scenario. In this way, investors can adapt to possible changes.
|Are the recommendations diversified?||Yes||Yes, they provide a high level of diversification because Capitalist Exploits seeks investment opportunities worldwide in and out of the stock market.|
|Do they help you analyze each recommendation?||No||Yes|
|Do they generate free content?||No||Yes, the company offers free content and a blog with highly relevant podcasts and opinion pieces. Capitalist Exploits also offers a private Telegram channel called “Hedgies Uncut”. There, hedge fund managers discuss their investment positions and ideas.|
|What type of investor is it for?||Bob Brinker Newsletter can be a valuable tool for experienced investors who have somehow followed Bob Brinker’s career.||Anyone with any level of experience or geographic location can use the service. It is ideal for both long-term and short-term investors who are looking for investment opportunities in and out of the stock market. For example, shipping, energy, natural resources, Bitcoin, and many more.|
|Click to join now|
#7 Other Ways To Start Trading
If you are looking for a higher level of diversification, you may want to remotely operate a part of your portfolio. If this is your case, you can complement your investment strategies with a robo advisor. In our post “Robo Advisors In Canada: How To Choose The Best One For You!” you will be able to discover a range of very interesting options to take into account.
We also recommend viewing our post “Wealthsimple Review: All About Canada’s Best Robo Advisor” This is the best-equipped Robo advisor in Canada that manages your money using a team of world-class financial experts and the best technological talent. It works alongside software engineers, designers, and data scientists who have previously worked at esteemed companies like Amazon, Google, and Apple.
Please note that Bob Brinker Newsletter is not ideal for day-to-day or medium-term traders, but we believe that it can be a valuable tool for experienced investors who can keep their capital invested and take advantage of the increase in prices in the long term. If you are an investor who prefers the short term, we suggest you our post “How To Start Day Trading: Generate Returns During The Same Day”. In it, we cover definitions, the strategy step by step and tips to evolve as a day trading investor.
Summary Of Bob Brinker’s Financial Services
- Bob Brinker is an American financial advisor and radio broadcaster.
- His radio show was acclaimed for years and after 32 years on the air, he closed his Money Talk program.
- The website is not friendly, it is very basic, it does not have free content and you will find very little information about financial services.
- Some aspects of Bob Brinker’s website take away credibility. For example, they sell T-shirts, mugs and the possibility of buying advertising banners that nobody buys.
- Marketimer is the name of the newsletter that Bob Brinker offers on his website.
- The portfolios that you will find in the Marketimer newsletter are designed so that each reader of the newsletter can couple their objectives with the 3 types of portfolio design.
- Bob Brinker does not offer free content on his website.
The Bob Brinker radio show was highly acclaimed during the time, in fact, he had a very fresh way of approaching financial issues with great spontaneity. However, take into account that the financial market, like the economies, is always in constant movement. It is important that financial advisors adapt to new trends and structures. We think that while it is true that at some point Bob Brinker’s newsletter made some good hits, at this time we do not recommend it.
We believe there are better alternatives. In fact, we believe that Capitalist Exploits is a much better option for three reasons:
- The first is that Capitalist Exploits provides an incredible amount of information about financial markets that help beginners learn.
- The second is that Capitalist Exploits is focused on identifying high-return and low-risk investment opportunities, which is exactly what someone who is just starting out on business needs.
- Finally, the level of diversification offered by Capitalist Exploits will allow you to create more efficient portfolios to achieve your goals.