Coding Ninjas is a tech interview prep course that was founded in 2016 and is based in New Delhi, India. Coding Ninjas supports various varied tech courses (specifically, 17+), including Machine Learning, Data Science, Web Development, Android Development, and more. Additionally, they have instructors who have worked in various FAANG tech companies, and the course comes with additional features such as a huge student community, free coding contests, 1-hour mock interviews, and more.
However, there are a few alarming cons about Coding Ninjas that don't allow me to recommend this tech interview course. For example, the course's teaching quality is not the best (which can greatly harm your career path later down the line by not giving you a strong foundation), and the course has fake reviews on sites such as Quora, which puts its legitimacy into question. Instead, I recommend that you use Tech Interview Pro: with a money-back guarantee and thousands of student success stories, Tech Interview Pro is one of the best tech courses around, and I can't recommend it highly enough.
What Is Coding Ninjas?
Coding Ninjas is a tech interview preparation course that was founded in 2016 by Ankush Singla, Kannu Mittal, and Dhawal Parate. It is based in New Delhi, India, and it supports a wide array of varied tech courses (specifically, 17+), including Machine Learning, Data Science, Web Development, Android Development, and more.
At Coding Ninjas, you can also find a student community of around 40,000+ students, 1,000 Campus Ambassadors, 2,000 Teaching Assistants, and 150+ employees. Additionally, they have instructors who have worked in various FAANG tech companies, such as Facebook, Amazon, and Google, and the course comes with additional features such as free coding contests, 1-hour mock interviews, internship & placement opportunities support, and more.
Before we kickstart this Coding Ninjas review, let's take a look at the course's pros, cons, and features.
Features Of Coding Ninjas
#1 Good Course Selection
Coding Ninjas has quite a big course selection, which is great because software engineers won't be the only ones benefitting from these courses. Here's an entire list of all the courses that Coding Ninjas currently offers:
- Data Structures and Algorithms In Java, Python, and C++ (3 courses total): In these courses, you'll learn the basics of coding in Java, Python, and C++, which are some of the most popular coding languages around today. These courses are ideal for students in their first or second year of college.
- Competitive Programming: In this course, you will learn how to write the most efficient programs, and you will also prepare to participate in competitions on CodeForces, TopCoder, HackerRank, HackerEarth, and similar competition platforms. This course does require some prior foundational coding knowledge, however.
- Interview Preparation (5 courses total): These courses are divided into two different categories: Goal-Based courses and Skill Based Courses. In the Goal-Based course section, you'll find the Product Companies Interview Prep, and in the Skill-Based course category, you'll find the Systems Design course, the Database Management System (DBMS) course, the Operating Systems course, and the Aptitude Preparation course.
- Analytics and Data Science (3 courses total): In this section, you'll learn essential skills to find actionable insights out of data using statistical techniques. You have 3 courses to choose from: the Data Analytics course, the Machine Learning course, and the Data Science & Machine Learning course.
- Web Development (3 courses total): In this section, you'll learn how to build functional web applications. You'll also have the Full Stack Node.js course, the MERN Stack course, and the React course.
- Career Camp Freshers: In this course, you'll have a 9-month coding boot camp to acquire the necessary skills for jobs in FAANG companies such as Google, Amazon, and Microsoft. Here, you'll only have to pay when you find a job in these companies.
- Career Camp Professionals: In this course, you'll receive a thorough 9-month full-stack web development boot camp that guarantees you land a job at product-based firms such as Amazon, Microsoft, and Google.
#2 Coding Ninjas CodeStudio & Questions Database
Coding Ninjas also has its own questions database, which you can use to hone your coding skills. It has hundreds of questions that you can use to understand better what you can expect in your interviews, whether it's a mock interview or your next dream job.
Coding Ninjas' questions are sorted by language, company, and topic, which saves time as you can simply look for the skill you want to improve. The platform even has a Problem Of The Day feature, so even if you've run through most of the questions in the database, you can still expect to see a problem you've never seen before every day.
#3 Thorough 1-Hour Mock Interviews
Coding Ninjas offers thorough practice interviews that will cover every aspect of technical/behavioural interviews at top tech companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, and many more. These aspects include important concepts such as data structures and algorithms, systems design, and even soft skills, which is one of the more critically underrated aspects of any technical interview you find yourself in.
You'll need to master all three of these concepts to succeed in your interview (and you might need to know more depending on your chosen career path and course). Mock interviews are an excellent way to assess if you are truly ready for a real interview, and Coding Ninjas offers a sizeable amount of mock interviews to practice with.
#4 Free Coding Contests
Another feature worth mentioning from Coding Ninjas is that it has free coding contests that you can use to test your coding skills at different stages. With these contests, you get a chance to hone and master your coding abilities through the latest code problems, with multiple submissions in a day so that you never run out of new problems to tackle.
#5 Coding Ninjas Community
Coding Ninjas has a huge community of over 40,000+ students, 1,000 Campus Ambassadors, 2,000 Teaching Assistants, and 150+ employees. It's a wealth of information that you can access to without paying anything, and users are free to ask any question they come up with, with help coming from Coding Ninjas' students whenever they need it.
Coding Ninjas Pros
- Has 17+ different courses to choose from.
- Has 1-hour mock interview sessions based on your preferences.
- Has its own coding questions database.
- Has free competitive coding contests where you can put your skills to the test.
- Has its own community that you can use to ask questions and gain additional feedback.
- The course has placement support that will aid you with internship & placement opportunities tailormade for your profile.
Coding Ninjas Cons
- The teaching quality of courses made by Coding Ninjas is questionable.
- The course has engaged in fake reviews on sites like Quora, putting its legitimacy into question.
Coding Ninjas Pricing
Coding Ninjas' course pricings are dependent on the course being taken. Overall, the pricing range can vary anywhere between 2,000 to 50,000 Indian rupees, which is not as expensive as other tech interview courses out there.
However, it's worth remembering that some of the Coding Ninjas have a fixed duration for their usage, as mentioned in their description. These periods can vary anywhere between 15 days to 1 year so that you won't have lifetime access to the courses.
There is also a refund policy for the courses, which provides a 100% refund if the request is made within 7 days of the course's batch start date. To issue a refund request, follow these steps:
- Drop an email to Coding Ninjas' email address ([email protected]) with a subject “Online course refund | Registered email ID”.
- Make sure you don't forget to provide the registered email ID in the subject.
- Write the reason for the refund in the email's content.
- In case of combo courses & career tracks, start dates of complete combo courses will be considered, not on the course/module basis.
- Ensure that the email is received within five days of the course's batch start date.
As for the course's refund amount calculation, it works like this:
- You'll get a 100% refund if you have consumed only the first 2 lectures of the course.
- You'll get a prorated refund in case you have consumed more than 2 lectures. This means that, for example, if you have watched 10 lectures out of a total of 50 lectures in the course, then 80% of the fees will be refunded.
Our Recommendation: Tech Interview Pro
Although Coding Ninjas has some attractive features that make it a tempting option as a tech interview prep course, it has a few shocking cons that don't allow me to recommend it. One of them is that the course's teaching quality is not the best, which is a fatal problem as it can greatly harm your career path later down the line as you won't have a strong foundation on which to build your career.
Another fatal flaw of Coding Ninjas is that the course has a few fake reviews on sites such as Quora that have been written by its own co-founders, which puts its legitimacy into question. If your course is supposed to be a reliable tech interview prep resource, you would let its track record and student reviews speak for themselves.
Because of these cons, I can't recommend Coding Ninjas as your only resource to prepare for these interviews. Instead, I'd recommend Tech Interview Pro: here are a few reasons why.
#1 Thorough Video Lessons
Tech Interview Pro will prepare you for every aspect of your technical interviews, not just your technical skills: and it'll be making sure it leaves no stone unturned.
Here’s an outline of Tech Interview Pro:
- Understanding The Interview Process
- Four Axes of the Interview
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Systems Design
- Interviewing Masterclass
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- 100+ Coding Sessions
- The Mock Interview
- Systems Design
- Transitioning Careers
- Negotiating & Accepting Your Offer
As you can see, there are hours of technical and behavioural content in there, and that’s how you’ll set yourself apart from everyone else who prefers to use Coding Ninjas.
#2 Led By An Industry Insider
Tech Interview Pro is run by an industry veteran who has reverse-engineered the hiring process to give you the best chance of success.
TechLead (Patrick Shyu) has grown his own websites to millions of users, spent his recent years working at Facebook and Google, and has conducted over 100 technical interviews for Google. You simply can't ask for a better instructor here.
#3 Resume Reviews
TechLead will personally review your resume and help you tailor it for the position and the company you’re pursuing.
This is a very handy feature: after all, your resume will probably be a recruiter’s first interaction with you, so you need to make sure it leaves a lasting impression.
Coding Ninjas Review Summary
Coding Ninjas is a tech interview prep course that was founded in 2016 and is based in New Delhi, India. Coding Ninjas supports a wide array of varied tech courses (specifically, 17+), including Machine Learning, Data Science, Web Development, Android Development, and more. Additionally, they have instructors who have worked in various FAANG tech companies, and the course comes with additional features such as a huge student community, free coding contests, 1-hour mock interviews, and more.
However, there are a few alarming cons that don't allow me to recommend this tech interview course. For example, the course's teaching quality is not the best (which can greatly harm your career path later down the line by not giving you a strong foundation), and the course has fake reviews on sites such as Quora, which puts its legitimacy into question. Instead, I recommend that you use Tech Interview Pro: with a money-back guarantee and thousands of student success stories, I can't recommend Tech Interview Pro highly enough.
Coding Ninjas FAQs
How Much Does Coding Ninjas Cost?
Coding Ninjas' courses can cost anywhere between 2,000 to 50,000 Indian rupees. Additionally, you won't get a lifetime to the courses' content, as these courses' have a fixed usage duration range between 15 days to 1 year.
Is Coding Ninjas worth it?
No, Coding Ninjas is not worth it because the teaching quality in their courses is not good enough. This is problematic because it can give you a suboptimal foundation from which to build the rest of your career path.
Is Coding Ninjas safe?
Yes, Coding Ninjas is safe because they offer a full refund policy if you send a refund request within 7 days of the courses' batch start date.
Is Coding Ninjas legit?
Although Coding Ninjas looks pretty legitimate, the course has engaged in a few questionable practices, such as writing fake reviews for their courses in sites such as Quora. Because of this, we can't be certain that these courses are legitimate.