The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business Credit Card is a business credit card issued by the Royal Bank of Canada, one of the largest banks in Canada. With this card, you can earn Avion points at a rate of 1.25 Avion points per $1 spent on all purchases plus a very generous welcome bonus of 20,000 Avion points that you can redeem for flights, packaged holidays, hotel stays, tech products, and more.
With this card, you will earn bonus points when filling up at Petro-Canada gas stations, and it covers you and your business for trip cancellation or interruption, car rental, and extends the warranty on eligible travel purchases. Additionally, you will gain full access to the Visa Spend Clarity For Business tool to better manage your small business.
What Is The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business?
The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business card is one of the premium credit cards offered by RBC, designed for small business owners. It has a reasonable annual fee of $175 with an interest rate of 19.99% on purchases. What makes it stand out from its competitors is how easy you can earn Avion points; you will earn 1.25 Avion points per $1 spent on all purchases. Avion points are very flexible and you can redeem them for flights and vacation packages, hotel stays, employee incentives, and more.
Other ways to accelerate your earnings include linking your RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business to your Petro-Points account or using your credit card to order Hertz and DoorDash. Furthermore, RBC protects you with its insurance coverage, including travel, lost or stolen baggage, emergency, mobile device, business purchases, and extended warranty.
Features Of The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business Card
#1 Earn 1.25 Avion Points On Every Purchase
There is no better way to spend thousands of money than to earn rewards on every purchase. For every dollar you spend with your RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business card you will earn 1.25 Avion points, up to a maximum of $75,000 spent annually. After you reach this limit you will still earn Avion points, at a rate of 1 Avion point per $1 spent, with no annual limits.
Keep in mind that you won't earn points on balance transfers, non-pre-authorized bill payments, or cash-like transactions. You must also have a personal annual income of at least $60,000 (or $100,000 for households) to qualify for this and the best credit cards in Canada.
#2 Exclusive Travel Perks And Benefits
You can redeem your Avion reward points and exchange them for flights on any airline, at any time. These can also be used to book hotels, car rentals, tours, and vacation packages. You can also convert Avion points to CAD at a rate of 100:1 and use them directly on travel expenses.
Here's an estimate of how many points you will need to travel:
- At least 7,500 points for a one-way ticket and at least 15,000 points for a round-trip ticket within Canadian provinces or territories
- At least 50,000 points for a one-way ticket and at least 100,000 points for a round-trip ticket for a worldwide destination
This card offers a great welcome bonus, but if you're looking for a personal travel credit card, check our full list of the best travel credit cards in Canada.
#3 Access To Visa Spend Clarity For Business
The Visa Spend Clarity For Business is a simple yet powerful business tool that helps you track your expenses and control the spending and transaction limits of your employees. It helps you make responsible decisions about your purchases while ensuring that your business earns a reasonable profit.
You can also download the RBC Mobile app and use the Receipt App feature on your phone to capture a photo of your receipts. This enables you to keep a record of your monthly expenses.
#4 Calculate Your Points With RBC Reward Points Calculator
If you are eager to redeem your points for a vacation package, tech products, or gift cards, the RBC Reward Points Calculator can help you stay on track. You can fill in your estimated budget for any given year and use the calculator to find out how many points you will earn. For example, spending at least $5,000 per month means you have $60,000 in purchases annually. That is around 100,000 RBC reward points (factoring in the welcome bonus you receive upon signing up). One benefit of cash back credit cards over cards that yield points is how flexible they can be – you can check our list of the best cash back credit cards in Canada here.
#5 Save More Money With Petro-Canada, Hertz, And DoorDash
You can save more money with an RBC business credit card. They have partnered with various well-known companies where you can earn discounts and points or save extra cash.
Here are some of the deals available:
- Save 3¢ per litre when you buy diesel or any grade of gasoline at Petro-Canada by linking your RBC card to your Petro-Points account.
- Get a 30% discount on car rentals at Hertz and enjoy 3x more Avion points for every dollar you purchase in any of their branches. If you cancel your RBC card, you will not be eligible for any future discounts or bonus points
- Receive a 12-month subscription from DoorDash with free deliveries on orders of $12 or more when you pay with your RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business card
#6 Premium Insurance And Protection Coverage
With the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business card, you can rest assured you are covered when travelling, in case of flight delays or cancellations. Additionally, this business card offers a guaranteed purchase warranty and protection in case of damage. Here are the insured categories:
- Mobile Device Insurance
- Travel insurances– include out-of-province or country emergencies, lost or stolen baggage, accidents, auto rental collisions, hotel burglaries, and trip cancellations and interruptions.
- Purchase insurance and protection, including emergency purchases, security, and extended warranty.
Pros & Cons Of The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business Card
- Earn 1.25 Avion points per $1 spent on business purchases
- Receive 25,000 welcome points upon signing up
- Track your points with the RBC Reward Points Calculator.
- Combine your Avion points on all of your employees’ RBC Avion Infinite Business Cards into one account
- Discounts and bonus points at Petro-Canada, Hertz, and DoorDash
- Access to 1,300 airport lounges, including airport dining and spa
- Give incentives or rewards to your employees with gift certificates.
- Keep track of your small business with the Visa Spend Clarity For Business tool (customized reports, card transaction data, and copies of receipts)
- Buy the latest tech products from Apple and Best Buy using Avion points.
- Can redeem rewards for travel, merchandise, gift cards, credit card payment, and more
- Use your points for vacation packages, tour cruises, and hotels.
- Maximum of 9 additional RBC credit cards
- A suite of premium insurance coverage such as mobile device insurance, travel insurance, emergency insurance, extended warranty, and purchase security
- High annual fee ($175)
- $75 fee for additional cards
- Doesn't offer cash back rewards
- Requires a minimum income of $60,000 to apply
The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business card has a lot of services to offer, even with its high annual fee of $175 (though not as high as the Amex Business Platinum). Using the card is fruitful enough if you know how to manage your expenses and maximize your purchases’ rewards. Here's how this card stacks up with the competition:
|Meridian Visa Infinite Business Cash Back Plus Card||CIBC Aventura® Visa* Card for Business Plus||RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business|
|Welcome Bonus||None||Up to 60,000 Adventura points||25,000 Avion points upon enrollment|
|Cash Advance Rate||19.50%||22.99%||22.99%|
|Rewards Program||1.5% cash back on all purchases and 3% on foreign currencies||1x to 2x more Aventura points||1.25 Avion points for every $1 you spent|
|Notable Features||Annual fee payment is rebated for the first year|
Includes concierge services and access to luxury hotels and wine tastings
|The annual fee is rebated for the first year|
Free Uber Pass for six months
|Access to 1,300 airport lounges|
Get free deliveries from DoorDash for 12 months
All of these cards offer similar insurance, including categories like travel, emergencies, lost or damaged items, purchases, and extended warranties. If you're looking for a different loyalty program, here's our summary of the best Aeroplan credit card in Canada.
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business card is your go-to credit card when you like to earn rewards points in exchange for your purchases. With only a $175 annual fee, you can earn 1.25 Avion points for every dollar you spend to grow your business. These points are best for travel rewards, where your 100 Avion points are equivalent to $1 – which you can redeem for hotels, flights, car rentals, cruises, tours, and more. You can redeem them for your employees’ gift cards, payments, merchandise, or rewards.
From all of its perks and benefits, the only disadvantage that the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business card has is that it does not offer cash back rewards and fee rebates for the first year.
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business FAQs
How Much Does The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business Card Cost?
The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business card costs $175 annually, and if you want an extra credit card, it would cost $75 per card, up to a maximum of 9 cards. For comparison, the regular RBC Avion Business Visa and the personal RBC Avion Visa Platinum both cost $120, while the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege card costs $399.
Is The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business Worth It?
The RBC Avion Visa Business Card may or may not be worth it depending on your purchases and the type of rewards you want.
This credit card may be worth it for you if:
- You like earning Avion points more than cash back rewards
- You want to redeem your points for about anything, including merchandise, incentives, flights, or credit card payments
- You constantly travel within Canada or anywhere in the world
This credit may not be worth it for you if:
- You prefer cash back rewards over points
- You like to earn points on different categories of purchases
- You want to have lower interest rates
Is The RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business Card Safe?
Yes, there are three ways that you can guarantee that RBC Avion Visa Business Card is safe – through CIDC coverage, mobile app, or RBC customer service. First, all of your eligible deposits in your account are insured by CIDC for up to $100,000 per category. Second, you can use the RBC mobile app to lock your credit card if your card is lost or misplaced, plus you can unlock it at any time. Lastly, you can call RBC’s 24-hour toll-free number at 1-800-361-0152 or 514-392-9167 if you are outside North America.
Does The RBC Visa Infinite Business Have Lounge Access?
Yes, the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business offers access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide, and is among the best credit cards in Canada with airport lounge access. You can download the Visa Airport Companion app to sign up for the Digital Membership Pass.
How Many Avion Points Do I Need For A Hotel?
The amount of Avion points you need depends on which room type or hotel you would like to stay at. Remember that 100 Avion points can be converted to $1 CAD, and use these to book hotel rooms on the RBC Avion Travel website. Log in to your RBC account, search for any of your preferred hotels, and choose the option to pay with Avion points.
Can You Book One-Way Flights With Avion Points?
Yes, you can book a one-way ticket flight with Avion Points. You can choose any airline, flight, and time with no blackout dates or booking restrictions. Below are the points you need depending on the location and services.
- 7,500 Avion points = quick getaway within Canadian provinces or territories
- 17,500 Avion points = anywhere in Canada or U.S. except Hawaii or Alaska
- 22,500 Avion points = a holiday destination to Western and Eastern Canada and the U.S. (including Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, Bermuda, Caribbean)
- 27,500 Avion points = take a vacation to anywhere in Canada and U.S.
- 32,500 Avion points = a European trip with a primary gateway in Canada or U.S.
- 50,000 Avion points = a trip to anywhere in the world
Do RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business Points Expire?
No, RBC Avion Infinite points do not expire, unlike any other credit card rewards, and there is no limit to how many points you earn on every purchase.