The TD Business Travel Visa Card is a personal credit card targeted toward small business owners in Canada. With bonus rewards of up to 150,000 points when you spend up to $2,500 per month within the first 12 months, the card is excellent for accumulating reward points.
The TD Business Travel Visa Card allows you to earn up to 150,000 worth of reward points within the first year of ownership. It also offers comprehensive travel insurance, which could save you a great deal when making domestic and international trips.
What Is The TD Business Travel Visa Card?
TD Business Travel Visa Card is a travel credit card introduced by TD Bank Group, a world-leading online financial services company in Canada. The card is targeted toward business owners looking primarily to accumulate travel rewards.
TD Business Travel Visa Card Features
The TD Business Travel Visa Card has other great features besides its ability to earn rewards on every purchase. These features include:
- Earn up to 150,000 reward points and up to $247 in annual fee rebate when you apply on or before January 3, 2023. These rewards comprise of:
- Up to 30,000 TD reward points when you make your first purchase.
- Up to 60,000 additional TD reward points when you spend $5,000 within the first three months.
- Up to 60,000 further TD reward points when you make purchases worth $2,500 each month for the first 12 months.
- Annual fee rebate for the primary cardholder and two additional cardholders in the first year
- Annual fee: $149 per year, with the yearly fee waived within the first year
Related: If you're looking for a cheaper TD travel card, you can look at the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card which has an annual fee of just $89.
- Additional cardholder fee: $49 annual fee for each additional cardholder
- Interest rate: 19.99% on purchases & 22.99% for cash advances
- Earn rewards points per dollar spent
- 9x TD rewards points for every $1 spent booking travel online through ExpediaForTD.com
- 6x TD rewards points for every $1 spent on foreign currency purchases, restaurant purchases, and recurring bill payments on card
- 2x TD rewards points for every $1 spent on every other eligible business purchase
- Double points when you make payments with your card and provide your Aeroplan number at Aeroplan partner brands and to over 170 online retailers via the Aeroplan eStore
- Earn 50% more TD Rewards Points and 50% more stars at Starbucks stores upon linking your TD card to your Starbucks rewards account
- Enjoy discounts of up to 25% off when you make business purchases under the Visa SavingsEdge program.
- Access to TD Card Management tool, a tool to enable business owners to stay on top of their business card spending
- Access to travel insurance coverage: including travel medical Insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip cancellation or interruption insurance, and flight/trip delay insurance, and delayed & lost baggage insurance
- Access to enhanced security features, including visa zero liability, verified by visa and TD instant fraud alerts
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage: For car rental periods of 48 days or less and for cars with an MSRP of up to $65,000
- Purchase security for eligible new items stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase, and extended warranty protection for double the warranty period or up to 12 additional months
- Enjoy Emergency Travel Assistance Services
- Access to emergency cash advance: With your TD Business Travel Visa card, you can request an emergency cash advance to a maximum of $5,000
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car with a minimum discount value of 10% off the lowest base rates in Canada and the US and a minimum discount of 5% internationally
- Option to purchase Business TD Auto Club membership
Although the welcome bonus seems huge, you should know that TD Rewards points are worth 0.5¢ apiece, so the total 150,000 points bonus is actually worth $750. However, considering the annual fee rebate which is worth roughly $250, these $750 are a net bonus, similar to other cards from TD like the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite. However, it still falls short compared to other premium Canadian business cards.
To be eligible for the card:
- You must be a business owner.
- Your business must be a for-profit that operates in Canada.
- You must be applying for the card for your business and not on behalf of someone.
- Your company must not be an endorser or co-signer for any obligation.
- Your business must not have been a party to any claim or lawsuit.
- Your business must not owe any back taxes or any source deductions.
Pros & Cons
- The TD Business Travel Visa Card Saves you additional travel insurance costs with its out-of-province emergency medical insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip interruption insurance, and other insurance coverage benefits.
- Up to 60,000 bonus reward points within the first year when you apply on or before Jan 2023 and when you meet specified spending criteria
- Earn as high as 9x reward points when you travel online through ExpediaForTD.com
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car
- Purchase security and extended warranty protection for up to one additional year
- No minimum business income requirement
- Annual fee of $149 per annum for the primary cardholder, plus $49 for each additional cardholder
- Most of the best benefits offered by the card are travel related, so the card may not be suitable for folks not big on travelling.
TD Business Travel Visa Card is a personal credit card targeted toward small business owners in Canada. With bonus rewards of up to 150,000 points when you spend up to $2,500 per month within the 1st 12 months, the card is excellent for accumulating reward points. The card also offers comprehensive travel insurance, making it an excellent option for travel purposes.
TD Business Travel Visa Card FAQs
How can you apply for the TD Business Travel Visa Credit Card?
You can apply for the TD Business Travel Visa card online.
What Kind of Information is Required to apply for the TD Business Travel Visa Card?
Some of the information required to open a TD Business Travel Visa Card include :
- Master Business License
- Partnership Agreement: for partnerships
- Articles of Incorporation: for corporations
- Notice of assessment
- Business financial statements
What are the Insurance Perks & Coverage on the TD Business Travel Visa Card?
- Travel medical Insurance: The TD Business Travel Visa Card provides coverage of up to $2,000,000 per insured person per trip for the first 15 consecutive days for those less than 65 years old and four straight days for those 65 years or older as of the trip departure date.
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance: The trip cancellation coverage is up to $1,500 per person, with at most $5,000 for all insured persons. The trip interruption coverage is up to $5,000 per person, with a maximum of $25,000 for all insured persons.
- Car rental collision/loss damage insurance: The TD Business Travel Visa Card provides insurance coverage for rental car damage or theft for rental periods of at most forty-eight (48) consecutive days and with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $65,000 or less.
- Common carrier accident insurance: The TD Business Travel Visa Card provides up to $500,000 per insured person for accidental death or bodily injury sustained by a passenger on a licensed common carrier.
- Delayed & lost baggage insurance: This coverage offers up to $1,000 in claims toward the purchase of essentials if your baggage is delayed beyond 6 hours or lost.
- Flight/trip delay insurance: The Card provides up to $500 per insured person if your flight is delayed beyond 4 hours of its initially scheduled time.
- TD Business Travel Visa Card Purchase Coverage
- Purchase protection: The purchase security coverage insures items purchased with your card against theft and damage for up to 90 days from the purchase date
- Extended coverage on the original manufacturer's warranty period by up to one year.
What are other Perks & Coverage on the TD Business Travel Visa Card?
- Access to the TD Card Management Tool: The TD Card Management tool is an online tool that enables business owners to monitor and control their business spending. The tool allows business owners to do the following:
- Redistribute business credit between cardholders
- Place restrictions on card spending
- Temporarily turn on and turn off the card
- View essential business expenses via a dashboard
- Create customized reports for up to 18 months of business transactions
- Access statement balances and payment history
- Option to purchase Business TD Auto Club Membership: Membership grants you access to emergency roadside assistance services 24/7
How do I Maximize my TD Business Travel Visa Card?
You can maximize your TD Business Travel Visa Card by:
- Spending $2,500 per month within the first twelve months to qualify for the 150,000 bonus TD rewards points
- Taking advantage of the travel insurance coverage provided by your TD Card
- Paying for car rentals using your card to take advantage of discounts
Is there a limit to the rewards you can accumulate with the TD Business Travel Visa Card?
No, there is no limit to the reward points you can accumulate with the TD Business Travel Visa Card.
How can you Redeem your TD Business Travel Visa Card Reward points?
You can redeem your TD Business Travel Visa Card reward points in several ways. Some of the categories you can redeem your points for include:
- Shopping: You can redeem TD Rewards points to purchase items on your wish list, including merchandise, experiences, and gift certificates. You can also redeem your points by making business purchases at Amazon.ca
- Travel: You can redeem your TD rewards points on travel, including flights, hotel rooms, and car rentals. You can also use your points for business travel-related expenses such as airport taxes and golf fees.
- Pay down card balance: Redeem your TD Rewards Points towards paying down your Credit Card Account balance. You can visit TDRewards.com, EasyWeb, or the TD app.
Is the TD Business Travel Visa Card Worth it?
TD Business Travel Visa Card could be worth it if you maximize its perks and the bonus reward points it offers.
Do my TD Business Travel Visa Card Rewards Expire?
No, the TD Business Travel Visa Card reward points do not expire if your TD account remains open with the bank and is in good standing.