The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card allows you to earn up to $1,000 worth of rewards within your first year of application. The card also offers comprehensive travel insurance coverage, which could save you some money when making domestic and international trips.
Although the card has an annual fee of $139, you can avoid this fee in the first year by obtaining a rebate. You can quickly recoup in subsequent years by taking advantage of the included and optional benefits the card provides.
What Is The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card?
The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card is a personal travel credit card introduced by TD Bank Group, a world-leading online financial services company in Canada. The card targets middle-income earners who like to travel. Since its release, it has been known as a top travel credit card option in Canada due to its bonus rewards offer of up to 145,000 and excellent travel insurance coverage.
Features Of The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card
TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card has other great features besides its generous bonus rewards offer. These features include:
- Earn up to $1,000 worth of rewards points when you apply on or before May 28, 2023. These rewards comprise of:
- Welcome bonus of up to 20,000 TD reward points when you make your first purchase.
- Up to 115,000 TD reward points when you spend $5,000 within the first 180 days.
- Bonus birthday points of up to 10,000 TD Rewards Point
- Annual TD travel credit worth $100 when you book your first eligible travel purchase of more than $500.00 at Expedia TD
- Annual fee rebate for the first year if you make your first purchase within the first three months and Additional Cardholders on or before May 29, 2023
- Annual fee: $139 per year, with the possibility of getting the yearly fee waived within the first year
- Additional cardholder fee: $50 annual fee for each additional cardholder
- Interest rate: 20.99% on purchases & 22.99% for cash advances
- Earn rewards points per dollar spent
- 8 TD reward points for every $1 spent on eligible travel booking through Expedia for TD
- 6 TD reward points for every dollar spent on eligible groceries and restaurant purchases
- 4 TD reward points for every dollar spent on recurring bill payments
- 2 TD reward points for every $1 spent on every other purchase category
- Access to Visa Infinite benefits: These benefits include:
- The Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection has seven exclusive benefits, including a complimentary breakfast.
- The Visa Infinite Dining Series
- The Visa Infinite 24/7 Concierge Services
- The Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit, which provides discounts at 95 resorts and courses worldwide
- The Visa Infinite Wine Country Program
- The Visa Infinite Entertainment Access
- Access to travel insurance coverage: including out-of-province emergency medical Insurance, flight & trip delay insurance, trip cancellation or interruption insurance, common carrier accident insurance, delayed or lost baggage insurance, and hotel/motel burglary insurance.
- Earn 50% more Cash Back points at Starbucks upon linking your TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card with your Starbucks® Rewards account
- Access to Visa Secure, which safeguards cardholders from monetary loss resulting from fraudulent card use
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage: For car rental periods of 48 days or less and for cars with an MSRP of up to $65,000
- Free Mobile Mobile Device Insurance with up to $1,000 of coverage in case of loss, theft, or accidental damage of eligible mobile devices.
- Purchase security for eligible new items stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase, and extended warranty protection for double the warranty period or up to 12 additional months
- Enjoy Emergency Travel Assistance Services
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car with a minimum discount value of 10% off the lowest base rates in Canada and the US and a minimum discount of 5% internationally
- Optional benefits: These include:
- TD Auto Club Membership
- TD Credit Card Payment Protection Plan: This is a payment protection plan designed to assist you with your TD credit card obligations in case of a job loss, total Disability, or death.
To be eligible for the card, you:
- Must be a permanent Canadian resident
- Must have attained the majority age in the Canadian province of residence
- Must earn a minimum annual personal income of $60,000 or household income of $100,000
Pros & Cons
- The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card has comprehensive travel insurance (out-of-province emergency medical insurance, common carrier accident insurance, trip interruption insurance), saving you additional insurance costs.
- Up to 1,000 worth of benefits within the first year when you apply on or before May 2023
- Car rental discounts on Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car
- Access to mobile device insurance of up to $1,000 per occurrence
- Purchase security and extended warranty protection for up to one additional year
- The card does not offer some travel benefits, such as complimentary access to airport lounges, provided by some TD Privilege Infinite cards.
- High minimum income requirements of $60,000 – $150,000
The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card's annual fee is $139, which falls within the same yearly fee range as several other cards with similar benefits.
TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card is a personal credit card targeted toward high-income earners in Canada. With the best reward points available when you book travel via Expedia for TD, the card is an excellent option for folks who like traveling. The card also has comprehensive travel insurance coverage & a few other travel perks.
TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card FAQs
How can you apply for the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Credit Card?
The following information is required to open a TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card :
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Contact info and email address
- Home address
- Employment status and income source(s)
- Gross annual income
- Residential status
What are the Insurance Perks & Coverage on the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card?
- Out-of-province emergency medical insurance: This insurance coverage provided by the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card allows claims of up to $2,000,000 per insured person per trip for the first 21 consecutive days for those less than 65 years old and four straight days for those 65 years or older as of the trip departure date.
- Car rental collision/loss damage insurance: The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card provides insurance coverage for rental car damage or theft for rental periods of at most forty-eight (48) consecutive days and with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $65,000 or less.
- Common carrier accident insurance: The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card provides up to $500,000 per insured person for accidental death or bodily injury sustained by a passenger on a licensed common carrier.
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance: The trip cancellation coverage is up to $1,500 per person, with at most $5,000 for all insured persons. The trip interruption coverage is up to $5,000 per person, with a maximum of $25,000 for all insured persons.
- Flight delay insurance: The Card provides up to $500 per insured person if your flight is delayed beyond 4 hours of its initially scheduled time.
- Hotel burglary insurance: This benefit provides coverage of up to $2,500 per occurrence for repairing or replacing personal items stolen from your travel accommodation.
- Mobile device insurance: The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card provides coverage of up to $1,000 per occurrence for lost, stolen or accidentally damaged mobile devices. The coverage usually takes effect 30 days from and ends two years from the purchase date of your mobile device and is applicable anywhere in the world as long as you:
- Charge at least 75% of the total purchase cost to your account and activate Your Mobile Device with a Provider; or
- Charge the up-front cost to your credit card, finance the balance through a plan, and charge all your monthly wireless bill payments to Your Account
- Purchase Coverage on TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card
- Purchase security protection: Ensures items purchased with your card against theft and damage for a maximum of 90 days from the purchase date
- Extended coverage on the original manufacturer's warranty period by up to one additional year.
What are other Perks & Coverage on the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card?
- Access to Visa Infinite benefits: The First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card provides exclusive access to dining, entertainment, and hotels reserved for Visa Infinite Cardholders. Such benefits include:
- Visa Infinite Dining Series: A series of dining events with top chefs at the best restaurants and wineries across the country
- Visa Infinite Wine Country: A series of complimentary wine tastings at over 95 wineries in British Columbia, Ontario, and Sonoma Valley. This benefit also includes discounts on wine purchases and private vineyard tours.
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection: Access to seven exclusive benefits when you book a stay at one of the over 900 Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection. These benefits may include the following:
- Automatic room upgrade, when available
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- Access to Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit: This benefit provides 10% off green fees & merchandise at participating Troon Rewards golf courses across the US & around the world.
- 24/7 Visa Infinite Concierge services: The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card offers you access to 24/7 concierge services, which could be helpful with getting restaurant recommendations, making dinner reservations at a trendy restaurant, or planning your travel itinerary.
- Visa Infinite Entertainment Access: Exclusive access to curated events across Canada, including the Toronto International Film Festival
How do I Maximize my TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card?
You can maximize your TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card by:
- Utilizing the $100 TD travel credit card
- Spending up to $5,000 within the first 180 days to qualify for the first 145,000 welcome bonus points
- Paying for car rentals using your card to take advantage of discounts
Is there a limit to the Rewards that can be Accumulated with the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card?
No, there is no limit to the reward points you can accumulate with your TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card.
What can you Redeem your TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Reward Points for?
You can redeem your TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card reward points in several ways. Some of the categories you can redeem your points for include:
- Online shopping: You can redeem your TD Rewards Points by purchasing on Amazon.ca using Amazon Shop with Points.
- Travel: You can redeem your TD rewards points on travel purchases – including flights, hotel rooms, excursions, and car rentals – through Expedia For TD or any other travel agency.
- Paying down your TD credit card balance
When can you Redeem your TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Reward points?
TD First Class Travel card rewards Points must be redeemed in a minimum of 200-point increments when booking travel purchases through Expedia for TD online or with your phone. For travel purchases not booked through Expedia For TD, reward points are to be redeemed in minimum increments of 200 or 250 points.
Is the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Worth it?
Despite the annual fee of $139, the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card could be worth it if you maximize its perks and bonus reward points.
Do my TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Rewards Expire?
No, the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card reward points do not expire if your TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card account remains open with the bank and is in good standing.