A virtual office is a real street address you can use to receive letters and packages, scan incoming mail and deposit checks, and use as your company mailing address. Virtual offices protect the privacy of your home address, make your company appear more professional, and help you grow without the overhead expense of costly offices.
After researching more than a dozen companies, Northwest Registered Agent is my top choice for the best virtual office due to its low fees and excellent customer service. Get a 60-minute business tax consultation plus your first year free if you sign up using our link below.
What Is The Best Virtual Office?
1. Northwest Registered Agent – Best For A Longstanding Reputation
Northwest Registered Agent is a Registered Agent service specializing in the registration of LLCs. They operate in all 50 states and seamlessly take care of all of your legal needs.
Northwest Registered Agent charges $225 + state fees, which is more than Incfile (free for the first year).
- Same-day email scanning
- Local area code number
- Enables you to control over accessing your private information
- You can send text messages and voicemails to other people from any device
- Keeps all your information private
- Initial subscription: $225 + state fees
- Annual subscription renewal: $125
Zero state fees when you sign up using this link.
Business owners looking for a proven track record.
2. My Company Works – Best For Maintaining Compliance Seamlessly
My Company Works has helped incorporate over 50,000 LLCs since being founded in 2001. Even though it doesn’t work with the same volume of clients as other companies of its type, it has established itself as a trustworthy service for those who need help in registering and managing an LLC.
- Very fast service (next business day)
- Easy to use
- ComplianceLock helps new companies maintain compliance
- Free annual report alerts
- Free handbook
- Basic: $79
- Entrepreneur: $199
- Complete: $279
100% satisfaction guarantee when you sign up using this link.
Business owners looking to maintain compliance without any headache.
3. Incfile – Best For Opening An LLC Quickly
Incfile is a Registered Agent service that serves all of your tax and legal needs before, during and after you register an LLC. Incfile customers get unlimited phone and email support, plus access to a real-time order tracking tool as you await your documentation.
Your Incfile dashboard digitally stores all of your LLC formation documents and tracks important deadlines and compliance reminders, ensuring you never miss any requirements. By signing up using the link below, you’ll also receive a 60-minute business tax consultation with a certified tax professional, completely free.
Incfile offers virtual offices in 22 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
Incfile is known for its deeply knowledgeable expertise backed by fast, helpful customer support agents. If you’re incorporating an LLC, I highly recommend Incfile.
- First year free when you incorporate using the link below
- Available in all US states
- No hidden fees or automatic service renewals
- Incfile Silver: $75 in state fees
- Incfile Gold: $224 in state fees
- Incfile Platinum: $374 in state fees
First year free when you incorporate using this link.
Business owners who want to open an LLC quickly.
4. Davinci Virtual — Best International Locations
Davinci Virtual offers a variety of locations around the world—including major cities like New York, London, and Hong Kong—plus all of the features you’d expect from a premium virtual office, including mail forwarding and virtual receptionists.
Features Of Davinci Virtual
- Locations in major cities around the world, including New York, London, and Hong Kong.
- Davinci Live Receptionist, which gives you a live receptionist to answer your calls, forward your messages, schedule appointments, and send emails.
- Davinci Boardroom, which allows you to rent meeting space by the hour in major cities around the world.
- Mail forwarding from all locations.
- Coworking spaces in some locations.
- Virtual phone numbers available in 70+ countries.
Pros & Cons Of Davinci Virtual
- Live receptionist services can be a huge timesaver
- Boardrooms can be rented by the hour
- Mail forwarding is available from all locations
- Coworking spaces are available in some locations
- Virtual phone numbers are available in 70+ countries
- Some locations are more expensive than others
- Some users have reported issues with the quality of Davinci’s virtual receptionist services
- Lack of coverage in some major cities around the world
Davinci Virtual Pricing
Davinci Virtual offers three different virtual office plans:
The Starter Plan, which starts at $49 per month and includes a virtual address, live receptionist services, and mail forwarding.
The Business Plan, which starts at $99 per month and includes all of the features of the Starter Plan, plus access to Davinci Boardrooms, virtual phone numbers, and coworking spaces.
The Professional Plan, which starts at $149 per month and includes all of the features of the Business Plan, plus a dedicated virtual assistant.
Davinci Virtual offers a 7-day free trial for all new users.
Best For: Businesses that need a virtual office in a major city around the world.
What Is A Virtual Office?
A virtual office is an office space that exists only in cyberspace. It can be a physical space, or it can be a virtual space within a software program. A virtual office is a great way for a small business to have the appearance of a larger business. It can also be used by individuals who work from home and need a professional address to use on their business cards and letterhead.
Virtual offices cater to businesses and professionals of all types. If you are a small business owner, a virtual office can give you the appearance of a larger company. If you are a freelancer or consultant, a virtual office can give you a professional address to use on your business cards and website. And, if you work from home, a virtual office can help you stay connected to your company and feel like you are part of a team.
No matter what type of business you have, a virtual office can save you money on overhead costs. And, it can give you the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world. If you are looking for a way to make your business more efficient and save money, a virtual office is a great solution.
Features Of Virtual Offices
There are many features that you can get with a virtual office. Some of the most popular virtual office features include:
- A physical address in a prime location: A virtual office can give you a physical address in a prime location, even if you do not have an office in that location. This can be helpful if you want to use a prestigious address on your business cards and letterhead.
- Mail forwarding: With virtual office mail forwarding, all of your mail will be forwarded to your virtual office address. You can then have it forwarded to your home or office, or you can pick it up at your virtual office.
- Receptionist: A virtual office can provide you with a receptionist to answer your calls and forward them to you. This can be a great way to make sure that all of your calls are answered in a professional manner.
- Conference rooms: If you need to hold a meeting but don’t have a physical office space to hold it in, many virtual office providers allow their customers to rent conference rooms by the hour or day. This can be a great way to save money on meeting space.
Who Should Use A Virtual Office?
There are many different types of businesses and professionals who can benefit from using a virtual office. Some of the most common include:
- Solo entrepreneurs: Solo entrepreneurs often use virtual offices to have a physical address for their business without the expense of renting an office space.
- Small businesses: Small businesses often use virtual offices to save on overhead costs and get a professional address without giving out their home address.
- Home-based businesses: Home-based businesses can use a virtual office to maintain a professional business address and have their business mail forwarded to their home (or anywhere else when they’re traveling).
- Startups: A virtual office is a great option for startups that do not have the budget for a traditional office space.
- Global businesses: Global businesses often use virtual offices in multiple locations around the world to maintain a local presence without the expense of renting office space in each location.
Benefits Of Virtual Offices
There are many benefits that come with using a virtual office. Some of the most common benefits include:
Cost savings: One of the biggest benefits of a virtual office is the cost savings. You can save on rent, utilities, and other office expenses by not having a physical office space.
Flexibility: Another big benefit of virtual offices is the flexibility they offer. You can work from anywhere in the world with a virtual office, which can be a big advantage if you travel often.
Increased productivity: Virtual offices can also help you be more productive. When you aren’t tied to a physical office, you can work from anywhere that is convenient for you, skipping lengthy commutes and allowing you to get more work done in less time.
Better work/life balance: A virtual office can also help you achieve a better work/life balance. When you aren’t tied to a physical office, you can structure your day in a way that works best for you and your family.
Greater professionalism: A virtual office can help you project a professional image for your business. This can be helpful if you are trying to attract new clients or customers, or if you want to appear more established.
How To Set Up A Virtual Office
If you’re just getting started with a virtual office for the first time, there are a few things you need to do:
- Choose a virtual office provider: The first step is to choose a virtual office provider. I’ve laid out the best options already on this page, and recommend either Servcorp or Davinci Virtual for the best overall experience.
- Choose your virtual office location: Once you’ve chosen a virtual office provider, you’ll need to choose your virtual office location. This can be anywhere in the world, but it’s important to choose a location that makes sense for your business.
- Set up your virtual office: Once you’ve chosen your virtual office location, you’ll need to set up your virtual office. Depending on what level of service you choose, this may involve choosing a phone number, setting up mail forwarding, or other features.
- Start using your virtual office: Once your virtual office is set up, you can start using it for your business. This includes adding your new business address and phone number to your website and other public-facing places, and having mail forwarded to you from your virtual office location.
- Expand your virtual office: If you want to expand your virtual office in the future, you can do so by adding additional features like a virtual receptionist or virtual assistant, which add an additional layer of prestige.
Things To Consider When Choosing A Virtual Office Provider
There are a few things you should consider when choosing a virtual office provider. Some of the most important factors to consider include:
Location: The location of your virtual office is important. You want to make sure that the address is in a good location and that it makes sense for your business.
Price: The price of virtual office services can vary depending on the provider, so it’s important to compare pricing before making a decision.
Features: Virtual office providers offer a variety of features, so it’s important to choose a provider that offers the features you need.
Reputation: It’s also important to choose a virtual office provider with a good reputation. All of the companies selected here have
If you’re looking for fewer features, you may be better served by one of the best virtual mailboxes instead.
Virtual Offices FAQs
Are Virtual Offices Safe?
Yes, virtual offices are safe because they’re accessed exclusively online and are not available to the public. All of the virtual offices I recommend above operate from secure data centers and comply with the latest security protocols, including 128-bit SSL encryption and full disk encryption for all customer data.
All virtual offices in the US must comply with strict USPS guidelines and face stiff penalties if they fail to keep users’ information safe. virtual offices are not permitted to release their users’ addresses to anyone unless they are specifically instructed to do so.
Does USPS Offer A Virtual Office?
Yes, USPS does offer a PO box virtual mail service. However, USPS PO boxes cannot receive shipments from any other shipping carrier, which is why it may be a good business move to get a virtual office address as well.
Can You Pick Up Mail From A Virtual Office?
You can pick up mail from some virtual office, but not all of them. You’ll need to check with your virtual office service’s policies before receiving any packages so that you don’t get charged an extra pickup fee.
Is It Necessary To Have A Registered Agent?
Yes, every LLC and corporation is legally required to have a Registered Agent in each state where they do business. virtual offices like Davinci Virtual, Incfile, Northwest Registered Agent and My Company Works can serve as Registered Agent for you, eliminating expensive legal fees and allowing you to focus on building your business.
Can I Use A Virtual Office For My LLC?
Yes, you can use a virtual office for your LLC, and thousands of companies already do. Whether you already have an established LLC or are opening one for the first time, a virtual office can save you time, money and effort in the process, making your business less burdensome and more profitable.