Choosing the best cryptocurrency exchange in Pakistan isn’t easy, given all the options out there and the different features each of them offers. As an avid crypto investor myself, I diligently keep up with the movements of the top exchanges in Pakistan, and have made my selections below based on years of research and personal experience.
Here’s something you may not realize: the cryptocurrency exchange you choose matters. Your choice will impact how profitable your trades are, how easily you can buy and sell coins, and whether you can use it in Pakistan at all.
Fortunately, I've been investing in crypto for more than 9 years, and I frequently update my list of the top platforms below. So if you’re looking for a safe and secure crypto exchange that’s easy to use, supports the Pakistani rupee, and is compatible with the biggest financial institutions in Pakistan, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are my top picks for the best crypto exchanges Pakistan has to offer.
1. Kraken – Best Overall & $10 Signup Bonus
Based in the United States, Kraken is a highly transparent exchange with a longstanding history of reliability. As one of the largest crypto exchanges in the world, Kraken outperforms smaller exchanges for a number of reasons.
For starters, Kraken's fees are far lower than most other exchanges, with most users paying 0.16% per transaction (fees decrease down to 0% if you trade high volumes). Kraken's spreads are also absurdly low, typically around $0.10 per Bitcoin, which is 0.0003%. Compare that with other exchanges—which routinely charge up to 2% in trading commissions plus an additional 2% or more in spreads—and it's easy to see why Kraken is such a popular exchange.
Kraken also has better customer support than most other exchanges, and is one of the only exchanges out there that still offers telephone support (available in English, French and Spanish). It supports 100+ cryptocurrencies and has a world-class trading platform and mobile app that's powerful yet easy to use.
If that wasn't enough, Kraken's trading platform is professional and robust, offering features like NFT trading, staking and support for a wide range of fiat currencies including USD, EUR, and more.
Overall, Kraken is an excellent fit for many crypto investors because it has lower fees, better support and a better trading platform overall. If you're looking to start trading crypto, we strongly recommend Kraken.
- Extremely low trading commissions (0.16%)
- Extremely low spreads (0.0003%)
- Trade 100+ cryptocurrencies
- Stake 100+ cryptocurrencies
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Kraken Crypto Watch allows you to keep track of the crypto market
- NFT trading inside the Kraken app
- 24/7 customer support via phone, email and live chat
- Plenty of free educational resources available to users
- 95% cold storage policy
- Trading Fees: 0.16% (spot trades cost 0.26%)
- Spreads: 0.0003%
- Fiat Deposit Fee: 0%
- Fiat Withdrawal Fee: $0 – $5 USD
- $10 when you use our referral link below
Cryptocurrency investors looking to trade with extremely low fees.
CLAIM MY BONUSOffer ends December 5, 2023.
2. Capital – Zero Trading Fees
Trading fees: 0%
Capital allows users to trade crypto alongside stocks, commodities, forex, market indices, ETFs and more—all without any trading fees. It supports 100+ cryptocurrencies, and users can trade with 2x leverage on crypto (up to 500x leverage on other assets).
Capital charges a tight spread ranging from 0.1% – 0.3% (depending on the asset), making the overall cost of using the platform (0% trading commissions + 0.1% – 0.3% spreads) very low. It has a fully functional desktop platform, a well-rated mobile app (4.7/5 on Android and iOS), and an excellent demo account where you can practice trading with real assets in real time.
Capital is licensed by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK, which means it’s a safe, secure platform. Every user receives a dedicated account manager they can reach by email or phone anytime, which is part of the reason Capital’s customer support team receives such positive reviews.
Deposits and withdrawals are always free with Capital, and you’ll never pay trading commissions regardless of whether you place spot orders or limit orders. Capital is ISO 27001 certified for meeting robust information security standards, making it an extremely safe platform to trade with.
The biggest drawback of Capital is that it can take several days to have your account verified since their verifications team is overwhelmed with signups right now. If you sign up using my referral link, though, you can skip the waitlist and start trading immediately.
I’ve personally used Capital for more than 4 years, and based on my experiences and those of millions of other users, I can’t recommend it highly enough.
- Zero trading commissions
- Tight spreads (0.1% – 0.3%)
- Supports 100+ cryptocurrencies
- Allows up to 500x leverage (2x leverage on crypto)
- Fully functional demo account for paper trading
- Free deposits and withdrawals via debit/credit cards, bank transfer, POLi, PayPal, Apple Pay, etc.
- Dedicated account manager you can reach at any time
- Excellent desktop trading platform
- Well-rated mobile app (4.7/5 on both Apple and Google)
- Licensed by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- ISO 27001-certified for meeting extremely high information security standards
- Trading fees: 0%
- Spreads: 0.1% – 0.3%
- Deposits & Withdrawals: Free
Skip the waitlist and have your account approved immediately by using my referral link below.
Investors looking for the best overall crypto trading experience with no trading commissions.
SIGN UP FOR FREEOffer ends December 5, 2023.
Based in the British Virgin Islands, Bitfinex is one of the largest crypto exchanges in the world. It supports 180+ cryptocurrencies and offers investors access to research tools, derivatives, margin trading, and several other advanced order types.
Bitfinex prides itself on having very low fees, which drop as low as 0.1% depending on the cryptocurrency you're trading. New crypto traders also appreciate Bitfinex's demo mode and its well-rated, easy-to-use mobile app.
Bitfinex uses 2-factor authentication and has a 95% cold storage policy to keep your assets protected. If you're an advanced trader, you can hook into Bitfinex's advanced APIs and trade algorithmically from there.
New Bitfinex users can currently receive a 6% rebate on all future trading fees.
- Low trading fees (as low as 0.10%)
- Access to a risk-free demo mode
- Supports 180+ cryptocurrencies
- Highly-rated mobile app
- Customer support ticket system via email
- User-friendly for both beginners and advanced traders
- Account Opening: Free
- Trading Fees: From 0.1% to 0.2%
- Wire Transfer Fee: 0.1% (min. $60 fee)
- Debit/Credit Card: Fees depend on the cryptocurrency
- ACH Transfer: N/A
6% fee rebate
Algorithmic investors looking for easy-to-use trading APIs.
Bitstamp is one of the world's largest and oldest crypto exchanges; it is geared towards experienced traders and has over 4 million active users worldwide. It offers competitively low fees ranging from 0.1% to 0.5% and many payment options; you can use credit or debit cards and SEPA transfers.
Bitstamp is partnered with large financial institutions like Swissquote, Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Crédit Agricole. Bitstamp fully insures your assets and keeps them safe offline – in cold storage. Bitstamp provides both hot and cold storage.
New Bitstamp users receive a $20 bonus after funding their account, and you can immediately use it to buy any of the 53 cryptocurrencies available.
- Extremely low trading fees (0.1%-0.5%)
- Buy crypto with fiat currency, credit cards or bank transfers
- 24/7 customer support available via phone, live chat or email
- Instant account verification
- Supports 53 of the largest cryptocurrencies
- Access to a crypto wallet
- Hot and cold wallet storage
- Account Opening: Free
- Credit Card Purchases: 5%
- Debit Card Withdrawal: Flat $10 (USD)
- SEPA Fees: €0 for deposits, €3 for withdrawals
- Trading Fees: From 0.5% to 0.1% (0.5% for trades below $10,000)
- International Wire Transfer: 0.05% for deposits, 0.1% for withdrawals
$20 signup bonus
Experienced investors looking for professional investing tools and data.
KuCoin is a cryptocurrency exchange that began operations in Hong Kong in 2017 and bills itself as “The People’s Exchange.” Its objective was to offer a simple and secure platform for crypto investors, and it has been a success: in just four years it has attracted over 8 million users.
Besides buying and selling crypto, KuCoin supports four market order types as well as margins, futures, and P2P trading. KuCoin Trading Bots are one of its biggest features, allowing users to invest on autopilot using dollar-cost averaging.
New KuCoin users will receive a $10 sign-up bonus, and if you’re willing to freeze your crypto for a short period you can earn up to 10% in interest. KuCoin takes security seriously, with features like multi-factor authentication, encryption, and an additional trading password.
- Users can also get trading fee discounts based on their KuCoin Token (KCS) balance.
- Margin Trading
- Crypto Staking, earn up to 10% interests
- KuCoin Trading Bots, invest on autopilot using dollar–cost averaging
- Supports 600+ cryptocurrencies
- Supports market, limit, stop-limit, and stop-market order types
- Trading Fees: From 0.0125% to 0.1%
- Makers Fees: From 0.0125% to 0.1%
- Takers Fees: From 0.0125% to 0.1%
- Deposit Fees: Free
- Withdrawal Fees: Depends on the coin (For BTC: 0.0005 BTC)
$10 signup bonus
Investors looking for a very secure platform, different market tools, and trading bots.
Changelly is a non-custodial crypto exchange service based in Prague, Czech Republic. Established in 2016, it doesn’t offer services as a wallet – you’ll need to link a wallet before you can purchase crypto – but rather it finds you the best deals for your crypto by indexing a number of exchanges.
With over 3 million monthly users, Changelly is partnered with crypto giants like Binance and crypto wallets like Trezor and Exodus and offers very low fees starting at 0.25%. It supports 200 of the largest cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and Litecoin, and to start trading, you don’t have to complete a KYC verification, which means you can sign up just with your email
Changelly offers many payment methods, including Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay and bank transfers. If you refer a friend you can receive 2% on all fiat-to-crypto transactions and 0.125% on all crypto-to-crypto transactions
- Integration with various crypto wallets
- Supports 200 cryptocurrencies
- 24/7 customer support available via live chat or email
- Accepts Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay and bank transfers
- Account Opening:
- Floating Rate Fee: 0.25%
- Fixed Rate Fee: 0.25%
- Withdrawal Fees: Free
- Account Management Fees: Free
2% back on fiat-to-crypto transactions and 0.125% back on crypto-to-crypto transactions
Investors looking for the lowest deals on crypto and no KYC verification requirements.
LocalCryptos is one of the largest non-custodial, P2p crypto exchanges. Based in Finland, it works by connecting traders; it uses an automated Escrow system to secure transactions between buyers and sellers and it boasts very low fees ranging from 0.25% to 0.75%.
LocalCryptos supports the five more established cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ethereum, and Litecoin, and it uses a Reputation System to rank traders. Keep in mind all trades are between users, so users are responsible for using the Escrow system effectively.
New LocalCryptos users that use a referral link will receive a rebate of 20% on all fees for the first couple of months. In terms of security, LocalCryptos offers 2FA authentication and customer support available 24/7, which can be reached through Twitter, telegram, or email.
- Supports 5 cryptocurrencies
- Reputation System
- 2FA authentication and cold storage technology
- Supports more than 40 payment options including Moneygram, PayPal, Revolut, Skrill, and Transferwise
- Maker’s Fees: 0.25%
- Taker’s Fees: 0.75%
- Deposit Fees: Free (payment providers may charge fees)
- Withdrawal Fees: Free (payment providers may charge fees)
20% off trading fees
Investors looking for a secure P2p platform with plenty of payment options.
Launched in 2013, Okcoin is a California-based American exchange with over 100,000 crypto investors across 190+ countries. It supports 70+ crypto assets, including the biggest like Bitcoin and Ethereum, but also altcoins and lesser-known blockchain protocols.
Okcoin doesn’t charge trading fees – instead, it uses a volume-based fee system, where makers are charged 0.1% – 0.0% (based on the last 30-day trading volume) and takers are charged 0.2% – 0.02%, also based on volume.
Okcoin is available worldwide and supports SEPA payment deposits in Europe and electronic fund transfers (using the ACH network) in the U.S. One of Okcoin’s best features is its staking platform, where investors can lock in one of the supported cryptos (for a fixed term) and earn up to 17% APY, depending on the asset (10% for BTC).
Fiat deposits using debit cards are on the high side – you can end up paying up 3.99%, so it’s recommended, whenever possible, that you use a different deposit method. Okcoin is licensed in the US and registered with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Supports 70+ cryptocurrencies
- Quick verification process
- Set up automatic purchases using dollar-cost averaging
- Available on Android (4.1/5 rating) and iOS (4/5 rating)
- Okcoin Earn (Up to 10% APY on BTC deposits)
- Trading Fees: Free
- Spread: 1% – 1.5%
- Maker’s Fees: From 0.1% to 0.0% (based on trading volume)
- Taker’s Fees: From 0.2% to 0.02% (based on trading volume)
- Debit Card Deposit Fees: 3.99%
Why you should trust me
ExperiencedI bought my first cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) in 2013, bought Ethereum in 2017, and have held active accounts with at least 5 exchanges since 2018.
UnbiasedAll of my selections are supported by multiple data points, including crypto thought leaders, security experts, and Trustpilot reviews.
Deep ResearchMy team and I spent more than 20 hours researching exchanges before choosing our top picks, and we update them almost daily as the industry continues to change.
What To Look For In A Great Pakistani Crypto Exchange
I consider many different factors in my search for the best Pakistani crypto exchange. Here are just a few of the more prominent ones:
- Supported coins: The best Pakistani crypto exchanges support a wide variety of coins—at least 20 or 30—including all the major coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin. Platforms that add new coins regularly tend to be more customer-focused overall, making this a strong indicator of a forward-thinking exchange.
- User interface: Choosing a platform with an easy-to-use trading interface is important, especially for beginners. If you're a seasoned crypto investor, you'll also want to look out for exchanges that offer more advanced features like advanced order types and transaction exports for tax purposes.
- Fees: All crypto exchanges charge fees (both in the form of trading commissions and bid-ask spreads), and they can vary by a wide margin. I've specifically chosen low-fee platforms here to help you maximize your profits.
- Regulation: It's much safer to trade with a well-regulated exchange than an unregulated one, especially when markets aren't moving in your favor. Depositors' insurance is another safeguard offered by some exchanges, which keeps your assets safe even if the platform itself faces liquidity issues.
- Deposit & withdrawal options: The exchange you choose should offer a variety of payment methods (bank transfers, debit/credit cards, PayPal, etc.) to ensure you can easily transfer funds in and out of your account. The more options you have, the better.
- Security: Look for an exchange that strictly enforces multiple layers of security, such as two-factor authentication and at least 95% cold storage. Additional security measures like daily offsite backups, third-party security audits, and email confirmations on transactions make your account even more secure.
- Customer support: The best crypto exchanges pride themselves on having well-trained, responsive support teams who can help users through any problems that come up. I pay particular attention to the channels each exchange offers support through, response times, the thoroughness and helpfulness of their responses, and user feedback on the customer support they've received.
- Claim a $15 signup bonus with TopCashback after your first purchase.
- Claim a $50 bonus + 6-16 free stocks with Moomoo after depositing $100 or more.
- Claim 6-12 free stocks with Webull after depositing $100 or more.
Best Crypto Exchange Pakistan FAQs
Which Pakistani crypto exchange has the lowest fees?
The Pakistani crypto exchange with the lowest fees is generally Kraken, depending on the specific crypto assets you're trading. In most cases, Kraken will be the cheapest option.
What’s the best crypto wallet in Pakistan?
The best crypto wallet is the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet. It is the best way to keep your private keys secure and, more importantly, offline. All Ledger wallets are certified by the French National Agency of Security and are among the safest and most cost-efficient wallets out there, and they support 1,200+ crypto assets, coins, and tokens.
What’s the best altcoin exchange in Pakistan?
What is the safest crypto wallet in Pakistan?
The Ledger Nano S is the safest wallet available today. All Ledger wallets far exceed industry standards for security: they use tamper-resistant Certified Secure Element (SE) with Common Criteria (CC) EAL5+ chips on their nanodevices, which means your private key stays on the secure chip. It also has a proprietary operating system called Blockchain Open Ledger Operating System (BOLOS) that's successfully undergone audits from the French National Agency of Security, many other government agencies, as well as regular audits from independent security organizations.
What’s the safest crypto exchange in Pakistan?
The safest cryptocurrency exchange in Pakistan is Kraken. They strictly enforce bank-level security protocols, run on servers in secure locations around the world, and undergo frequent financial and security audits to ensure all of their users’ assets are completely safe. They also have some of the lowest fees of any platform in Pakistan and are known for being a reputable, trustworthy exchange.
How Can I Sell Bitcoin In Pakistan?
There are several different ways to sell Bitcoin in Pakistan, though the easiest is to sell it directly from the crypto wallet or exchange that you’re holding it on. Remember to be cautious whenever you transfer coins between wallets, since blockchain transactions are irreversible.
What crypto exchange is best for beginners in Pakistan?
The best crypto exchange for beginners in Pakistan is Kraken. It's ideal for beginners because they verify accounts instantly, have easy-to-use trading platforms, and provide great customer support in case you need any help along the way.
Is cryptocurrency legal in Pakistan?
Yes, cryptocurrency is legal in Pakistan, and you can buy, sell and use crypto without breaking the law. However, cryptocurrency is not currently considered legal tender in Pakistan, which means the Pakistani government and Pakistani businesses are not legally obligated to accept it as payment for goods and services.
What’s the best crypto app in Pakistan?
The best crypto app in Pakistan is Kraken. Its mobile app is very easy to use, has a nice, modern interface, and has very good ratings and reviews on both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. If you live in a country like Palestine or Oman instead, you’ll have to double-check to ensure you can get the Kraken app in your local app store.
What is the best crypto exchange for day trading in Pakistan?
The best crypto exchange for day trading in Pakistan is Kraken, since it has low trading fees, tight spreads, and its prices update multiple times per second, giving day traders an upper hand over the rest of the market.
Can the Pakistani government track cryptocurrency?
Yes. Just as it is in places like Lithuania, India, Lebanon and Kuwait, Pakistani tax authorities can track cryptocurrency trades and transactions—and not only when your digital assets interact with real-world institutions like banks. Some exchanges in Pakistan are required by law to provide the government with information about their users’ transactions, including purchase price, purchase date, sale value, and all associated KYC data. If your tax returns don’t match the data the government receives from these exchanges, you may receive a fine.