As a long-time crypto aficionado, I constantly keep up with the latest and greatest cryptocurrency trading bots coming out every day, always looking for the lowest fees and best features. I’m confident these recommendations are currently the best bots available in Canada.
Overall, our top pick for an automated crypto trading bot is KuCoin: It supports 600+ cryptocurrencies, operates in 100+ countries, and processes millions of trades per day. KuCoin bots are free to use with trading fees of just 0.0125% to 0.1%, and for those reasons, I highly recommend KuCoin.
Here’s something you may not realize: the crypto bot you choose matters. Your choice will impact how profitable your trades are, not to mention the number of crypto exchanges you’re able to integrate with.
So if you’re looking for a safe and secure Canadian automated trading bot that’s been tried and tested by thousands of users, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve been investing in crypto for over 8 years now, and I make tweaks to the list below almost every day.
Without further ado, here’s my list of the best crypto trading bots Canada offers.
Why you should trust me
ExperiencedI bought my first cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) in 2013, bought Ethereum in 2017, and have held active accounts with at least 5 exchanges since 2018.
UnbiasedAll of my selections are supported by multiple data points, including crypto thought leaders, security experts, and TrustPilot reviews.
Deep ResearchMy team and I spent more than 100 hours researching exchanges before choosing our top picks, and we update them almost daily as the industry continues to change.
What Is The Best Crypto Trading Bot In Canada?
KuCoin is a cryptocurrency exchange that began operations in Hong Kong in 2017 and bills itself as “The People’s Exchange.” KuCoin Trading Bots are free to use for KuCoin users, and some of the most popular are the Spot Grid, Futures Grid, and Smart Rebalance bots.
KuCoin’s main objective is to offer a simple and secure platform for crypto investors, and it has been a success: in just five years it has attracted over 8 million users. Besides buying and selling crypto, KuCoin supports margins, futures, and P2P trading.
New KuCoin users receive a $10 sign-up bonus, and if you’re willing to freeze your crypto for a short period you can earn up to 10% in interest. KuCoin takes security seriously, with features like multi-factor authentication, encryption, and an additional trading password.
- Users can also get trading fee discounts based on their KuCoin Token (KCS) balance.
- KuCoin Trading Bots, invest on autopilot using Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA)
- Supports market, limit, stop-limit, and stop-market order types
- Crypto Staking, earn up to 10% interest
- Supports 600+ cryptocurrencies
- Margin Trading
- Crypto Trading Bot Fees: Free
- Trading Fees: From 0.0125% to 0.1%
- Makers Fees: From 0.0125% to 0.1%
- Takers Fees: From 0.0125% to 0.1%
- Deposit Fees: Free
- Withdrawal Fees: Depends on the coin (For BTC: 0.0005 BTC)
$10 signup bonus
Investors looking for a very secure platform, different market tools, and trading bots.
Trade crypto with the lowest fees
Claim your account by December 5, 2023 to get exclusive access to this special deal.
Launched in 2019, Trality is an algorithmic trading platform for coding trading bots. It is compatible with Binance, Coinbase, Kraken, and Bitpanda, and in just two years, it reached an average daily trading volume of $10 million.
Trality allows users to create their own trading bots and even monetize them in a Marketplace. Users can create their own bots using the Code Editor, a web-based Python protocol for programmers, and the Rule Builder, a protocol of predefined rules and indicators that users can use to build a bot – no programming required.
Trality offers 4 plans ranging from €9.99 to €59.99/mo, each offering from 1 to 10 customized bots. Trality is secured with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), and your funds are never held on Trality – in fact, they never leave your exchange; Trality just uses APIs to execute orders for you.
- Bot Creation Tools: Rule Builder (No programming)
- Bot Creation Tools: Code Editor (Python)
- 100+ Technical indicators
- Bot Marketplace
- Cloud-based platform
- Advanced tools: Backtesting
- Compatible with 4 crypto exchanges
- Trading Fees: N/A
- Pawn Plan (1 rented bot, 1 customized bot): Free
- Knight Plan (1 rented bot, 2 customized bots): €9.99/mo
- Rook Plan (1 rented bot, 5 customized bots): €39.99/mo
- Queen Plan (1 rented bot, 10 customized bots): €59.99/mo
Experienced investors with some background in programming languages like Python.
Pionex is a Singapore-based crypto exchange renowned for its innovative work with crypto trading bots. Founded in 2019, Pionex supports 346 different cryptocurrencies and 16 unique trading bots, including Stop Limit, Dollar Cost Averaging, and Grid Trading Bots; all bots are completely free to use.
Pionex’s trading fees are some of the lowest out there, starting at just 0.05% of each trade. Crypto deposits are free, and new Pionex users can get up to 20% off trading fees and gain access to the Grid Bot insurance fund by signing up.
Pionex has partnered with Binance and some of the largest crypto security platforms in the world, including Sumsub and Simplex. It averages 100 million trades per day, and it was the first exchange to be granted FinCEN’s Money Service Business License in the US.
- Supports 346 cryptocurrencies
- 16 free crypto trading bots
- Available in 100 countries
- Android and iOS app
- Leverage trading
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Trading Bot Fees: Free
- Trading Fees: 0.05%
- Crypto Deposits: Free
- Credit Card Deposits (In Europe): 3.5%
- Credit Card Deposits (Outside Europe): 4.5%
- Withdrawal Fee: Depends on the crypto (0.0005 BTC for Bitcoin)
20% off trading fees
New or experienced investors looking for a methodical, numbers-based, hands-off approach to investing.
Cryptohopper is a crypto trading bot that was founded in Amsterdam in 2017. It offers a wide array of services, such as automated trading, cryptocurrency signals, risk-minimizing features, trading bot templates, and technical analysis.
With the Pioneer Plan, CryptoHopper is accessible for free; however, you may choose from a variety of plans, including the Explorer package ($19 per month), the Adventurer package ($49 per month), and the Hero or Pro Trader pack ($99 per month), all with different features and benefits compared to the Pioneer Plan.
- No commissions on top of monthly payments
- Grants access to cutting-edge research software
- Has a mobile app
- Advanced security features
- Pioneer Plan cost: Free
- Explorer Plan cost: $19 per month
- Adventurer Plan cost: $49 per month
- Hero/Pro Trader Plan cost: $99 per month
Those who want to start trading quickly and easily without having to learn about technical analysis.
Coinrule is a web-based platform that connects crypto trading bots with 10+ of the largest crypto exchanges. It works by using APIs to automate trading, and some of the supported exchanges include Binance, Kraken, and Coinbase.
Coinrule offers 10,000+ pre-made strategies and rules, and you can customize your own; some of the most popular strategies are Ride the Trend, Buy the Dip, and Low volatility buy/sell. Other useful features are its Backtesting tools and Demo Environment, where you can try out strategies without risking real money.
Coinrule doesn’t charge any trading fees; instead, like most trading bots, it offers users a monthly plan that ranges from $27.99 to $449.99. For the basic plan, it offers 4 rules and 1 connected exchange, and new users can claim a free 7-day trial of the basic plan. The Pro Plan has 100 rules and unlimited linked exchanges.
- Compatible with 10+ crypto exchanges
- 150+ Premade rules
- 10,000+ strategies to pick from
- Create Custom rules
- Advanced tools: Backtesting
- Demo Environment
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Military-grade encryption
- Trading Fees: N/A
- Basic Starter Plan (4 rules, 1 connected exchange): Free
- Hobbyist Plan (14 rules, 2 connected exchanges ): $27.99/mo
- Trader Plan (30 rules, 3 connected exchanges): $59.99/mo
- Pro Plan (100 rules, unlimited exchanges): $449.99/mo
25%-30% off trading fees
New investors looking to choose from over 10,000 strategies and experienced investors looking for a test environment and high compatibility with crypto exchanges.
What To Look For In The Best Crypto Trading Bots In Canada
The most important factors to consider when searching for the best Crypto Trading Bots in Canada are:
- Fees: How much does it cost to purchase a subscription? If the fees are high, your profits will be negatively impacted in the long run.
- Customer support: One of the most important things to look out for is very responsive customer support. Trading Bots are computer algorithms, and, like any computer program, may experience bugs. If you need to pull the plug, you want the customer support ready to help you, 24/7.
- Customizable: The ideal Trading Bot is highly customizable. The trading bot should be prepared for every scenario if it is going to trade in your place. The more options it has, the better.
- Support for automated and manual trades: Sometimes you may want to take back the wheel and make some adjustments – a trading bot that supports both manual and automated trades allows for more flexibility.
- Choose the right type of bot: There are many different types of trading bots: there are arbitrage bots, margin trading bots, leverage bots, coin lending bots, market maker bots, and more. Narrow down the type of bot you’re looking for before committing.
- Compatibility with crypto exchanges: If you trade crypto across multiple exchanges you want to make sure the bot you pick is compatible with those exchanges. A trading bot is designed to simplify trading – if you find yourself having to hop in different exchanges to fine-tune your trades you should consider a new bot.
- Carefully select your strategy: At the end of the day, a trading bot is designed to follow a set of rules. If the rules are imprecise, you will lose money. Most trading bots offer a set of pre-defined trading strategies. If you’re a beginner, stick with them while you learn more.
As a long-time crypto aficionado, I constantly keep up with the latest and greatest crypto trading bots coming out every day, always looking for the lowest fees and best features. I’m confident these recommendations are currently the best bots available in Canada.
Overall, our top pick for crypto trading bots is KuCoin: It supports 600+ cryptocurrencies, operates in 100+ countries, and processes millions of trades per day. KuCoin bots are free to use with trading fees of just 0.0125% to 0.1%, and for those reasons, I highly recommend KuCoin.
Best Crypto Trading Bot Canada FAQs
Is It Legal To Buy And Trade Crypto In Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrency is legal in Canada, and you can buy, sell and use crypto without breaking the law. However, cryptocurrency is not currently considered legal tender in Canada, and the Canadian government shows no indication of accepting it as such any time soon.
What Are The Best Types Of Trading Bots?
Arbitrage Bots: Crypto arbitrage bots work by crawling prices across different crypto exchanges and making smart purchases, buying low and selling high. Keep in mind these yield minimal profits, as prices of assets across exchanges are relatively close.
Short/Long Position Bots: These bots execute trades on what it considers the momentum of an asset – if the trend is bullish it executes a long position, if it sees a downturn in the market it triggers a short position.
Coin Lending Bots: These bots make loans to margin traders that are paid back with interests. This is similar to how loaning crypto platforms work.
Is Crypto Trading Taxable In Canada?
Yes, crypto trading is considered a taxable event in Canada. Even though the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) doesn’t consider crypto as legal tender, it is regarded as property, a CGT asset for all tax purposes. When a capital gain or loss is realized from cryptocurrency, the market value of the asset, in CAD, is used to calculate the tax.
Are Bitcoin Trading Bots Regulated In Canada?
Yes. In Canada, cryptocurrency, digital currencies, and crypto trading bots are legal. The sale of crypto assets is regulated by the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC), as well as the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC).
What is the difference between a crypto trading bot and a robo advisor?
A crypto trading bot is designed to automate trades in the cryptocurrency market. It is programmed to follow rules and execute trades based on market conditions. On the other hand, a robo advisor is designed to create and manage investment portfolios for investors. It uses algorithms and data analysis to provide investment recommendations and optimize portfolio performance.
Do you need an account on a crypto exchange to use a crypto trading bot?
Yes, in most cases you would need an account on a cryptocurrency exchange like VirgoCX, CoinSmart or Bitbuy to use a crypto trading bot. This is because the trading bot needs to be connected to the exchange's API (Application Programming Interface) in order to access the market data and execute trades.
When setting up a crypto trading bot, you will typically be required to provide your API keys, which are unique identifiers that allow the trading bot to access your exchange account. Just like your debit card credentials or your credit card details, the API keys are generated by the exchange and should be kept secure, as they grant access to your account and funds.