The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card is a personal credit card by BMO Canada, one of the largest 5 banks in Canada. With this card, you can earn points at a rate of 5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, plus a 10% bonus when you link another BMO card to your account.
The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card has an annual fee of $120 – waived the first year – and it comes with a very generous welcome bonus of 60,000 points; to qualify for this bonus, you just need to spend at least $3,000 within three months of applying for the card. This makes it one of the best cards in Canada, so if you're also looking for excellent insurance for your mobile device, purchase protection, and travel coverage, this is the card for you.
What Is The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card?
The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card is a personal credit card issued by BMO, one of the largest banks in Canada. The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card offers excellent rewards and a very generous welcome bonus of 60,000 points when you spend at least $3,000 within the first three months after applying for the card, plus a $120 annual fee waiver in the first year.
The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card has a very high points earn rate of 5 points per $1 spent on eligible categories, plus 10% bonus points when you link a card to your account. The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card also offers excellent insurance coverage, including categories like travel, mobile device, and purchase protection.
Pros & Cons
- Welcome bonus offer of up to 60,000 reward points
- Waiver of $120 annual fee within the first year
- Reward points of 5x for every $1 spent on grocery purchases
- $50 annual lifestyle credit to spend on whatever you want
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage insurance for a rental period of 48 days or less and vehicles up to $65,000 in value
- You gain 10% additional reward points for including additional cardholders in your account.
- High annual fee of $120
- High minimum income requirements of $60,000 for personal income or $150,000 for household income
BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card Features
- Welcome Bonus: Up to 60,000 points and a $120 annual fee waived in 1st year
- Annual fee: $120 annual fee
- Interest rate: 20.99% on purchases & 23.99% for cash advances
- Earn rewards points per dollar spent
- 5x points for every $1 spent on groceries, dining in and out, gas, and transit
- 1 point for every $1 spent anywhere else
- Earn 10% more points on all purchases when you include an authorized user in your account
- $50 annual lifestyle credit to spend on whatever you want
- Access to Visa Infinite benefits: These benefits include:
- The Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection has seven exclusive benefits, including a complimentary breakfast.
- The Visa Infinite Dining Series
- Visa Infinite 24/7 Concierge Services
- The Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit, which provides discounts at 95 resorts and courses worldwide
- Travel insurance coverage: including out-of-province emergency medical Insurance and common carrier accident insurance
- Mobile Device Insurance: This benefit includes coverage of up to $1,000 when your mobile device is lost, stolen, or accidentally damaged
- Purchase protection for 1st 90 days and extended coverage on the original manufacturer's warranty by up to one additional year
- Access to Visa Secure, which safeguards cardholders from monetary loss resulting from fraudulent card use
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage: For a rental period of 48 days or less and vehicles up to $65,000 in value
BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the card, you:
- Must be a permanent Canadian resident.
- Must not have declared bankruptcy in the prior seven years.
- Must have attained the majority age in the Canadian province of residence.
- Must earn a minimum annual personal income of $60,000 or household income of $100,000.
- Must have a minimum of $15,000 total spent on all your other credit cards collectively within the twelve months preceding application, with a minimum spend of $1,250 per month.
Like other credit cards with premium benefits (like the Platinum card), the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite is hard to get, but well worth it.
How Does The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card Work?
The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card earns you reward points on all your purchases, and you can redeem these rewards for a wide range of products and services. This is similar to how other rewards cards like the Amex Gold, the Marriott Bonvoy and the Cobalt card work.
BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card Earn Rate
BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card offers reward points to cardholders on all purchases
- Earn 5X BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent every day on the below categories:
- Grocery purchases: Earned on both in-store and online shopping
- Dining: Earned on both dine-in and take out
- Gas and transit: Earned when you purchase gas at the pump and hail a cab, share a ride, or take transit
- Earn 1 BMO Rewards point for every $1 spent everywhere else
What Can you Redeem your BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card Reward Points for?
You can redeem your BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card reward points in limitless ways. Some of the categories you can redeem your points for include:
- Shopping: You can redeem BMO Rewards points to purchase items on your wish list or even to purchase gift cards at your favourite store
- Travel: You can redeem your BMO Rewards points by booking a trip through any provider of your choice and using pay with points to cover the cost, including flights, hotels, car rentals, vacation packages, cruises, and more
- Investing: You can redeem your BMO Rewards points as a contribution to a BMO Investment account or a charitable donation.
BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card Insurance Coverage
- Out-of-province emergency medical Insurance: The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card provides coverage for folks travelling outside their province or territory of residence. The insurance coverage:
- is usually for reasonable charges arising from sudden and unforeseeable circumstances
- could be up to $5,000,000 per insured person per trip
- is available for 15 consecutive days per trip for those less than 65 years old on your trip departure date.
- Car rental collision/loss damage insurance: The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card provides insurance coverage for rental car damage or theft and valid rental agency towing charges during the period of the rental car agreement. The rental period must be for at most forty-eight (48) consecutive days, and the rental car should have a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $65,000 or less.
Related: If you want to add free roadside assistance to your mix, you can apply for the Canadian Tire Triangle Mastercard, which is free and can get you many other great perks.
- Common carrier accident insurance: The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card provides coverage for accidental death or bodily injury sustained by a passenger on or while entering or exiting any licensed common carrier. The insurance coverage is usually up to $500,000 per insured person.
- Mobile device insurance: The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card provides coverage for lost, stolen, or accidentally damaged mobile devices. This insurance benefit is applicable anywhere in the world when:
- The entire purchase amount of the mobile device is paid for with the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite card; or
- All or a portion of the purchase amount of the mobile device is financed with the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite card through a Canadian wireless service provider.
The coverage is up to $1,000 per occurrence. You are eligible to make one claim in any twelve consecutive month period, subject to a maximum of two claims in any forty-eight consecutive month period per account.
- BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card Purchase Coverage
- Purchase protection: Ensures items purchased with your card against theft and damage for up to 90 days from the purchase date
- Extended coverage on the original manufacturer's warranty: increases the original manufacturer's warranty period by up to one additional year.
- These insurance coverages kick in automatically as long as you charge the total purchase price of these items to your BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card.
BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card Perks
- $50 annual lifestyle credit: The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card offers you a $50 lifestyle credit every year to spend however you want. You could use it for kitchen upgrades, home fitness equipment, or for treating yourself at your favourite restaurant.
- Earn bonus reward points when you add a cardholder: The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card also rewards you with 10% more points on your existing points when you include a friend or family member in your account.
- Access to Visa Infinite benefits: The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card provides exclusive access to dining, entertainment, and hotel privileges reserved for Visa Infinite Cardholders. Such privileges include:
- Visa Infinite Dining Series: A series of dining events with top chefs at the best restaurants and wineries across the country
- Visa Infinite Wine Country: A series of complimentary wine tastings at select wineries in Ontario, B.C., and Sonoma, California
- Exclusive pre-sale access to Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) tickets and packages
- Red-carpet treatment and Visa Infinite Priority Line & Lounge at the Visa Screening Room at the Princess of Wales Theatre during TIFF
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection
- Best available rate guarantee at luxury hotels around the world
- Automatic room upgrade, when available
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- Food and beverage credits
- Access to Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit: This benefit provides 10% off green fees & merchandise at participating Troon Rewards golf courses across the U.S. & around the world. To enroll, visit offer.troongolfrewards.com/ visa infinite.
- 24/7 Visa Infinite Concierge services: The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card offers you access to 24/7 concierge services which could be helpful with getting restaurant recommendations, making dinner reservations at a trendy restaurant, or planning your travel itinerary.
If you want more perks and meet the necessary requirements, you can apply for the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Priviledge Card instead.
With a generous welcome bonus of up to 60,000 reward points and an introductory annual fee waiver for the first year, the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card is one of Canada's best cards for accumulating reward points. The card offers excellent insurance coverage and access to the benefits of the Visa Infinite card. The best way to optimize the card is to attain the minimum spend limit to qualify for the welcome bonus reward points.
BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card FAQs
What is a rewards point credit card?
A rewards point credit card is a credit card that earns points every time you make an eligible purchase. These points can be redeemed on various options, including shopping and travel.
What is the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card suitable for?
The BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card is excellent for accumulating reward points on lifestyle purchase categories such as groceries, gas, etc.
How do I maximize my BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card?
You can maximize your BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card by spending the minimum amount required of $3,000 within the first three months to qualify for the 60,000 welcome bonus points. You can also maximize by utilizing the annual lifestyle credit of $50.
Is there a limit to the rewards that can be accumulated with the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card?
No, there is no limit to the reward points you can get with the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card.
How do I qualify for the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card?
To qualify for a BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card, you need to meet the eligibility requirements below:
- Must be a permanent Canadian resident
- Must not have declared bankruptcy in the prior seven years
- Must have attained the majority age in the Canadian province of residence
- Must earn a minimum annual personal income of $60,000 or household income of $150,000 or incur a minimum of $15,000 total spent on all your other credit cards
What information is required to apply for the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card?
The following information is required to open a BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card:
- your name
- date of birth
- contact info and address
- Employment status and income source(s)
- Rent or mortgage amount
- Details of what you'll be using the account for
Is the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card worth it?
Despite its high annual fee of $120, the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card could be worth it if you maximize its perks and bonus reward points.
Which credit bureau does BMO check?
BMO checks credit reports from either Equifax or TransUnion credit bureaus
Can I have several BMO credit cards at the same time?
Yes, having more than one BMO credit card at a time is possible.
How do I know how many BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card rewards I have?
You can check your reward points summary on your monthly card statement. However, this rewards summary would not include reward points from bonuses or promotional offers. You can also see your rewards when you sign in to your account online or through your Mobile banking application.
How do I redeem my BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card rewards points?
You can redeem your Rewards points in three simple steps:
- Log on to bmorewards.com and select the “Pay with Points” tab.
- Browse through and select which eligible purchase you want to redeem your points for
- Choose the number of points you would like to redeem toward your purchase. You can redeem your points for as little as $1.
Do my BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card rewards expire?
No, the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card reward points do not expire if the BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card account remains open with the bank and is in good standing.